Math Review

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Math Review

by OptinumGmat » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:36 pm
I've been using Khan's academy to review the basic and as resourceful of a site it is, its just too in-depth. Too many topics that probably won't be covered on the GMAT.

I came across GmatPrepnow.Com Which is free I was wondering is this a better alternative to brush up on math. I need to familiarize myself with the basics. Are there any other prep material to relearn core concepts?

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:30 pm
Okay, I'm super-biased, but....

I agree with your assessment of Khan Academy. It's an AMAZING resource, however many of the concepts covered are not tested on the GMAT. Also, their videos don't address GMAT-specific concepts and strategies (data sufficiency strategies for one). Finally, many of Khan's modules assume that you have a calculator available, but you don't get to use a calculator for the quant section of the GMAT.

Our free video course starts with the most basic concepts and works up to 800-level concepts. I'm sure there are other courses that do the same.

NOTE: Throughout our videos, we often direct students to reinforce learning via very specific Khan Academy videos and quizzes, but the goal is to first present concepts in the context of preparing for the GMAT.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:119 members
GMAT Score:780

by Matt@VeritasPrep » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:41 pm
If you need a less sprawling site than Khan Academy, check out Purple Math. It's helped a lot of students of mine in the past. The GMAT includes everything in "Preliminary Topics" EXCEPT Number Bases, everything in "Beginning Algebra" except Engineering Notation, and everything in "Intermediate Algebra" before the Rational Roots Test.