Profile Eval: 700 GMAT, 3.9 GPA

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Eval: 700 GMAT, 3.9 GPA

by mba2017 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:31 pm
[deleted]
Last edited by mba2017 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:57 am
Love the GPA, and your work profile looks solid. But HBS? I'm not seeing it at this stage. You'll be competitive for schools such as Ross and Cornell, but some of the top MBA programs on your list will want to see a higher GMAT and more dramatic, current community leadership.
Therefore my assessment is that if you apply with this profile, your choices will be somewhat limited. The good news is that at 25, you can afford to take a year or two to become even more competitive. Get that GMAT over 720, become a major leader in your area of community service, get some team leadership into your work profile, and find a way to add some international exposure if you haven't already done so. Depending on your goals from this process -- do you want an MBA immediately, or do you want a top-ten MBA, no matter what it takes? -- your choice of schools should drive your direction going forward.
Some consulting companies, including ours, offer "plan ahead" packages that could be really valuable in your case.

Good luck!
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me