Profile Evaluation Request - Insead/LBS/IESE

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

Could I please get a profile evaluation for my target schools? Namely INSEAD, LBS, IESE as a first Choice options, and then IMD, HEC, Cambridge as a second option

- 27 year Old Lebanese Engineer
- B.E. Civil Engineering from the American University of Beirut, GPA. 3.02, Minor Engineering Managment - Class of 2011
- Master's of Engineering Management from the American University of Beirut, GPA. 3.79.
- 5 Years experience in total: 3 Years Construction and Project Management and 2 Years in Contract Administration.
- Co-Founder of a startup Engineering and Real estate Consultancy firm - Small Value Project.
- Got a 640 (Q47 V30) in the GMAT, but currently prepping for a retake. I strongly believe I'll hit 680 or above based on the Practice test. (3 to 4 points verbal improvement)
- International Exposure: Worked in Algeria for 6 months, Qatar 1.5 years, UAE 2 months, Jordan on a mission basis, and Lebanon 3 years.
- P.M.P and C.A.P.M. Certified.
- My goal is to advance my career in the Construction industry and get the needed business knowledge so that I can further grow my firm.

I'd much appreciate feedback on my chances to get into these schools.

Cheers

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:17 pm
with the improved GMAT you should be competitive, with well executed applications. Your experience appears to be interesting, make sure you can show real impact at work. Nice international experiences, which is very important for Euro-based schools. Don't see anything re: community service? Goals make sense. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:10 pm
Interesting profile, with a lot of international exposure and your general background and work experience is not one of the most common, so that all looks good. Ideally, you do need a higher GMAT score though, as close to 700 as possible, I would say.

So assuming you will get a higher GMAT score, you are in pretty good shape!

Any extra curricular activities you might be able to add to the list?
ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting
https://ARINGO.com/

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/
Or contact us today on: https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/

Highest acceptance rates in the industry! All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Followed by:4 members

by 99Colleges: MBA Admission » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:33 pm
Hi Rami.shazbeck,

Agree with Alex. European schools value multi-country work-ex, and your industry isn't common in most applicant pools. Both of these work well in your case.

If you reach around the median GMAT score of your target schools and if you can show impact, leadership, career progression, and the like in your application, you've a realistic shot at your target schools.
Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant
--------------------------------------
Consulting| Contact at [email protected] for your queries on MBA Admissions
--------------------------------------
And if you couldn't make it earlier, get a free ding analysis

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Rami.shazbeck » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:55 pm
For extra professional activities: I've spent some time working on a Red Cross donation campaign, Organized a local village festival, and I've Worked on the building and selling of Two residential buildings in Lebanon.

I'll be retaking the Gmat in 10 Days.. so hopefully I get as close as possible to 700.

Cheers

GMAT/MBA Expert

Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:10 am
Good luck with the GMAT. Don't dismiss your community service experience, it can add additional flavor to your applications. cheers, Alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Edison@VeritasPrep » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:02 pm
Thanks for sharing.

You would have rich experiences to share, which would help showcase collaboration and leadership skills, as well as cross-cultural awareness. Be sure to use experiences dealing with people from diverse backgrounds, functions, and cultures. If applicable, show how you are able to do well with analytical and strategic work, while also showing problem-solving and leadership on the ground/field.

All the best!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!