Help : GMAT 660/ Profile Evaluation.

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Help : GMAT 660/ Profile Evaluation.

by sidmenon1493 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:07 am
Hello Everyone

Hope you are doing well.

I gave the GMAT on 25th September and scored 660 on it. (Q48, V34, IR7). My practice scores were in the range of 650 to 710 so I believe this score fairly reflects my level at this particular moment.

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with my score as I panicked in the last 15 minutes of the Verbal Section and it probably costed me a few questions. I was hoping to score above 700 and really thought that I would hit it.

My Target Schools are Indian School of Business, INSEAD, Harvard Business School, Berkely Haas and NYU Stern. Now I do realize that getting into these schools is very difficult with a score below 700 but still I would appreciate if you can take time to evaluate my chances.

I am a qualified Chartered Accountant from India and was among the top 10% students in the country to become Chartered Accountants in 2014. My academic record has been good throughout and I had 91.20% score when I completed High School. I completed my Chartered Accountancy Course in 1st attempt and the chances of doing that are about 252 people in 100000 people. It is one of the toughest courses in the world.

As a part of Chartered Accountancy Course, I have also undergone a rigorous Internship of 3 years which is almost at par with doing an actual job. We provided services in the area of Auditing, Taxation and Financial Consulting. My experience included auditing organisations in the Manufacturing Industry, Retail Industry, Defense Goods Industry and Transportation/Logistics industry.

I am currently working as a SAP Functional Consultant in Tata Consultancy Services. Our client are SAP themselves. I was promoted to the position of a Backup Key Contact for Treasury Area within 6 months of joining. I also helped TCS Center of Excellence to design entry level courses on various topics of Finance. Apart from my regular duties, I contribute on various IFRS and SAP initiatives within my project.

It would be great if you could assess my chances.

Please let me know if anything else would be required from my end.

Thanks and Regards
Siddharth

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Edison@VeritasPrep » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:11 pm
Thanks for sharing.

A higher GMAT score could help, it is good that you have other credentials to highlight your academic capabilities. As you are applying to the top programs, and coming from a very competitive pool, you would have to find ways to distinguish yourself, this could be unique experiences and accomplishments, while also demonstrating the program's fit with your background and goals.

All the best!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!