Help in Verbal Section

This forum is dedicated to our GMAT Avengers study group. Connect with fellow test takers and stay up-to-date with the latest Avengers' news. Experts are free to contribute in answering questions.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Help in Verbal Section

by sur12esh2007 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:30 pm
HI friends, I am from India and I recently started preparing for GMAT through Magoosh. The videos are excellent and I do understand the concepts in Quantitative and Verbal section quiet well.

But however, I find it difficult in remembering the essential grammar rules necessary for Sentence correction. It would be great if I could get some help in how exactly the rules of grammar needs to be remembered instead of memorising. And what are the effective ways in increasing one's knowledge in English.

I do read a lot of fiction, finance, non-fiction books. It would be grateful if I could get any tips for increasing my Verbal knowledge.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:22 am
Hi sur12esh2007,

Before we can talk about the specific issues that you're dealing with, it would help if we had a bit more information about your current overall skills. As such, it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can talk through your study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by sur12esh2007 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:26 pm
Hi Rich,

Yeah, thanks I did download the GMAT Prep software. I will be taking the test on this weekend.

Am planning for a score 700+ in GMAT.
I intend to take on the test by February 2017.
The colleges which I have shortlisted do take applications from September 2017.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:59 pm
Hi sur12esh2007,

Many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores; your schedule allows for many months of potential study time, which is good. Once you have your CAT score results, you should post back here.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]