Newest books sufficient?

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Newest books sufficient?

by taiello » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:33 pm
I currently have bothe the ManhattanPrep strategy guides (6th edition) and Kaplan Premiere 2016 edition) and was wondering if these would suffice for the 60-day study plan? I would rather not buy more books.

My goal is a 740 on the GMAT which I am taking in November. took two practice tests already about 6 weeks apart and improved 530 to 590. But since I want to get at least above 700, I am trying to find the best way to do so in the next 3+ months.

If the 60-day study plan won't work with the most recent books which I have, any suggestions for a score increase of 150 points in 3 months would be very appreciated.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:30 am
taiello wrote:I currently have bothe the ManhattanPrep strategy guides (6th edition) and Kaplan Premiere 2016 edition) and was wondering if these would suffice for the 60-day study plan? I would rather not buy more books.

My goal is a 740 on the GMAT which I am taking in November. took two practice tests already about 6 weeks apart and improved 530 to 590. But since I want to get at least above 700, I am trying to find the best way to do so in the next 3+ months.

If the 60-day study plan won't work with the most recent books which I have, any suggestions for a score increase of 150 points in 3 months would be very appreciated.
The 60-Day Guide doesn't reference the latest MGMAT books (yet). In the meantime, however, many students have found it relatively easy to locate the relevant/corresponding chapters in the 6th edition.

To answer your other question, the 60-Day guide covers everything you need to score 750+ on the GMAT

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

by taiello » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:48 am
Brent, how do I go about obtaining the stein if emails? I signed up when I first posted this, probably over a week ago, and have still received nothing; I only ask because as days go on, I get closer and closer to the timeframe that I will not have the time to finish the 60-day study-plan.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:07 am
taiello wrote:Brent, how do I go about obtaining the stein if emails? I signed up when I first posted this, probably over a week ago, and have still received nothing; I only ask because as days go on, I get closer and closer to the timeframe that I will not have the time to finish the 60-day study-plan.
It certainly sounds like your spam filter is catching/deleting the emails.
Have you received your first email yet? Did you configure your email program to accept email from [email protected]?

If you've done this, and still haven't received any emails, you might want to contact Sorin (https://www.beatthegmat.com/member/2/profile)
He's in charge of the Study Guide email program.

Cheers,
Brent

Followed by:1 members

by Manu1221 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:57 am
Hi Brent, I am wondering if you have a similar break up of questions topic wise for the latest OG 17 and Verbal / Quants review.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:50 pm
Manu1221 wrote:Hi Brent, I am wondering if you have a similar break up of questions topic wise for the latest OG 17 and Verbal / Quants review.
There's an Improvement Chart for the OG2017 here: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-error-log

However, I haven't created anything for the Verbal-only and Quant-only books.

Cheers,
Brent