Need help & guidance

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Need help & guidance

by abhishekgoenka05 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:41 am
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to give the GMAT in a few months and intend to start preparing for it. I have completed my Bachelors in business management (BBM) from Bangalore University, India and have a work experience ~4 yrs at Amazon.

I have a few doubts below and it would be really helpful in getting them resolved.

What is the approx fee structure of various universities (top & mediocre) in US?
What are the timelines for intakes at US?
What is the avg. package offered by companies after course completion?

Thanks,
Abhishek

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:05 am
Some of your questions can't really be addressed in this limited format, but I can weigh in on the question of timelines: if you're applying to a top MBA program, the deadlines will either be in early fall (September-October) or, second round, early January (as an international applicant, you wouldn't be able to apply in Round 3).

I recommend beginning your applications as early as March or April of the year you're planning to apply, because you want to leave time to visit schools, do comprehensive research, develop a strategy and think through your post-MBA goals. So if you plan on applying in Fall 2017, for 2018 intake, you'll want to have your GMAT out of the way this year, and be able to really dig into those application packages starting early next spring.

The other information you're asking about, such as tuition breakdowns and post-MBA hiring, can be found on MBA websites such as Bloomberg, on a school by school basis.

Good luck!
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by abhishekgoenka05 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:50 am
Thanks a lot for those insights, really helps!

While I was researching, I heard about Ireland for MBA (Dublin school of Business & Trinity).

Below are my doubts/questions:

1. How's Ireland for MBA?
2. Between the 2 schools which one is better and why?
3. I noticed that the tution fees for Trinity is almost 3 times that of Dublin. Wondering why.
4. Job scope & starting avg. package there?

Thanks,[/list]

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:17 am
These questions are actually best researched on your own -- reaching out to alumni to discuss the details of their experience in light of your own interests will help you get the answers you need.
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me