GMAT and B-School application in 4 months time

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I am planning to take my GMAT and hopefully with a good score, want to apply to a few good B-Schools in the US.As I have gone through websites of various B-schools, the deadline for 2 round application in 1st /2nd week of January and the third round application is in April.
If I start my GMAT, TOEFL preparation now, will there be sufficient time to apply for B-Schools in round-2?? or it is only possible to apply in round-3(according to websites, round-3 is not preferred because it can cause several delay further eg.visa,scholarship etc). Do I need to take help of a consultant in order to speedup the process?? Please advice...

Kind regards,
venkat

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by [email protected] » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:06 pm
Hi Venkat,

Everything is possible if you have the discipline and the commitment but you need to start as soon as possible. Visit our youtube channel and watch a video 'In Which Round to Apply for Your MBA' which might give you the further notion on the subject.

Don't hesitate to sign up a Free consultation where we can offer you guidance about the application process.

Best,
As GM of MBAitNow I make sure that every client receives the attention they deserve and experience our well-structured approach and process that ensures that they will have the best chances to get accepted at their dream schools.

My team and I had placed clients at MBA programs such as, HBS, SLOAN, ANDERSON, STERN, WHARTON, BOOTH, KELLOGG, HAAS, DARDEN, FUQUA, ROSS, etc.

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:59 pm
The question you need to ask yourself is if you really need to rush right now to apply in the 2016/2017 season. Is it imperative that you get through all of the application stuff now? Or can you wait a year and apply with the best application that you can. I can tell you 100% - that if you rush to get your tests & applications done, you won't be able to present your best self in your application. Trust me... it took me a long time to realize that!
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Location: Decade + of MBA & EMBA applicants admits to top 10 schools throughout the US and Europe.
Followed by:6 members

by MBAPrepCoach » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:34 am
I agree with money, but if you are hell-bent on applying this year, I think your first step will be to take the GMAT and see where you stand. The honest truth is if you're in the 500 range with the GMAT I really don't think it's going to work out for you to apply this year, at least not to a top 20 school.. so I think that is your starting point, it's possible to do it but it's really unlikely. I would say that you would need to devote a minimum of two months to your applications. I'm not sure that working with a consultant will shorten that time frame, but it will definitely increase the quality of your application. And your chances for success. So if the GMAT already in the range, and you have plenty of time to devote your applications and this whole process over the next few months, Maybe. But it's more likely that you will increase your chances for success waiting. Round 3 is not optimal for international applicants, especially if they're looking for scholarships, because of the whole visa mess.
Getting MBA & EMBA applicants admits to top 10 schools throughout the US and Europe. 80% admitted to top 5; 99% top 10. Curious about partnering ? Book a consult at https://calendly.com/mbaprepcoach