2nd practise test

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

2nd practise test

by DasItMayne » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:00 am
Hi,i took my second practise test and got 590.
exam 1
Q39, V23
Q: 15 incorrect
V: 14 incorrect

exam 2
Q49, V23
Q: 14 incorrect
V: 19 incorrect

I started self studying from manhattan guides in July.I finished first four quant books.I haven't started verbal yet.What can i do to improve my verbal score other than studying from the strategy guides.

P.S got 3 in IR :cry:

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:47 am
Hi DasItMayne,

From the information that you've provided, it certainly appears that 'your way' of self-studying has led to a big improvement in Quant. Unless you have proof that the same result won't happen when you study Verbal, I suggest that you continue to study as you have been and let's see what happens. If your score gets 'stuck' or there are specific Verbal areas that you need to work on, then we can discuss how best to adjust your study plan.

IR actually has a lot in common with Verbal CR, so your IR performance will likely improve once you've put in enough Verbal study time.

1) How long have you studied?
2) Did you take the FULL CAT each time (with the Essay and IR sections)?

3) What is your goal score?
4) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by DasItMayne » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:41 pm
Hi Rich
I actually created a thread before https://www.beatthegmat.com/from-520-to- ... tml#776785
And I did not take full CAT the first time,only verbal and quant.
I think i am gonna start with verbal now.Will try to take another CAT in like a month and hope to improve my verbal score.
Cheers!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:55 pm
Hi DasItMayne,

When you take a CAT, if your goal is to receive a realistic score assessment, then you really have to be strict about HOW you take the CAT. The more the 'CAT-taking event' deviates from what you'll face on Test Day, the more likely the score is to be inaccurate (and in most cases, that means "inflated"). By extension, if you skipped the Essay and IR sections during these CATs, then these scores are likely higher than they normally would be. As you continue to study, you should make sure to take a NEW CAT each time, with the Essay/IR sections, away from your home, at the same time of day as your Official GMAT, etc.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]