The possible long-term health risks to airline personnel who

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members
GMAT Score:740
The possible long-term health risks to airline personnel who repeatedly cross multiple time zones has been a concern since the first jet transports went into service in the 1950s.

A)who repeatedly cross multiple time zones has been a concern since the first jet transports went
B)who are repeatedly crossing multiple time zones has been a concern since the first jet transports that went
C)who repeatedly cross multiple time zones have been a concern since the first jet transports went.
D)repeatedly crossing multiple time zones has been a concern since the first jet transports went
E)repeatedly crossing multiple time zones have been a concern since the first jet transports going

There is a split who vs repeatedly. Can we please discuss them.

OA: C

Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members
GMAT Score:740

by richachampion » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:14 pm
I forget to mention that this is a GMAT Prep Question Pack question.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1906 members
GMAT Score:790

by GMATGuruNY » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:18 am
richachampion wrote:The possible long-term health risks to airline personnel who repeatedly cross multiple time zones has been a concern since the first jet transports went into service in the 1950s.

A)who repeatedly cross multiple time zones has been a concern since the first jet transports went
B)who are repeatedly crossing multiple time zones has been a concern since the first jet transports that went
C)who repeatedly cross multiple time zones have been a concern since the first jet transports went.
D)repeatedly crossing multiple time zones has been a concern since the first jet transports went
E)repeatedly crossing multiple time zones have been a concern since the first jet transports going
In A, B and D, has (singular) does not agree with risks (plural).
Eliminate A, B and D.
E: repeatedly crossing
Here, the usage of crossing implies an action that happens CONTINUOUSLY, while the usage of repeatedly implies an action that happens OFTEN.
It is illogical to say that a CONTINUOUS action happens OFTEN.
Eliminate E.

The correct answer is C.
Last edited by GMATGuruNY on Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by KSHITIJ205 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:35 am
concerns.... "have".... plural

C and E remain..

jets went into service in the 1950's... is correct.. so C...

in E.. jets "going" into service is wrong as the action of going into service is finished in the past.. so using presnt continuous form there is wrong..