request a profile evaluation

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

request a profile evaluation

by hiteshhh » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:02 am
Dear Sir
For the past 1 year, I have been contemplating a switching over.
Below is my profile, request your kind attention to evaluate it.

7 Years in Merchant Navy, fitting in the roles of a trainee engineer to third engineering officer having served on different kinds of oil and gas tankers with the shipping giants like MOL, STENA BULK and NAVIGATOR GAS.
Don't want to hat a chief engineer's cap as another 2-3 years will go in it when my ultimate goal is to switch over.
- Class II License for MEO - by Govt. of India (2015)
- Operations and watch keeping engineering Officer License - by Govt of India (2010)
- B. tech (Marine Engineering)- 71% from MANET, Pune, India
- 10th - 83%
- 12th - 83%
Best officer like qualities Award during training and competitions.
I am looking for a change to SCM, operations, marketing, business strategy where I can do more than just operate and maintain huge and complex marine machinery of super tankers and carry out highly technical complex cargo operations with absolutely no margin of error.
-Good theoretical and practical knowledge of engineering equipment and shipboard operations, oil & gas industry, regulations and laws.
-Expert maintenance and trouble shooting skills in 2 stroke and 4 stroke marine propulsion and power plant engines, marine boilers and turbines, compressors, refrigerating and air conditioning plants, fresh water generators, hydraulic machinery etc.
-Adaptive rotation among designations to keep the adrenaline rushing in.
-A good multi-tasker with ability to handle several ongoing operations simultaneously which are indispensable in shipboard operations.
-Extensively travelled and have worked with people of different multi-nationalities.
-Trained and mentored several trainee engineers who are now full certified engineering officers.
As you are aware marine personnel rotate through a duty and leave periods.
During holidays, I was a part of water saving campaign in Ajmer city in Rajasthan which often faces acute shortage of fresh water during summer after water levels in of Bisalpur Dam which provides water to the city, go dangerously low.
Please suggest whether should I go for a foreign or Indian MBA & options available.
Which B schools will be most suitable considering my profile.I want to work in US or Europe.
Expecting GMAT score around 690
Thanks.