Which Online Course did You Take & What is your GMAT SCO

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello All,

I am ready to embark on preparing for a 700+ Gmat score and I am having a hard time selecting the right online prep course to hit a 700 score on the exam. For those who used the online courses (Manhattan, Veritas, Economists, etc..), please be so kind as to answer the following questions:

1) Which did you use?
2) Did it come with texbooks or PDF of the text?
3) How long did you study for the exam?
4) What was your score?
5) Were you naturally stronger in Quant, Verbal or both before you began studying?
6) Is English your primary language?

Thank you very much.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:50 pm
Hi expialodocious,

If you're looking for a large number of GMAT success stories, then you're certainly in the proper sub-Forum. You're likely going to find examples of GMATers who used each of the products that you named (and others that you didn't specifically name). Beyond reading through those stories, there's a practical way for you to assess the various options:

Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at our website (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

1) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
2) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:29 members

by Scott@TargetTestPrep » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:45 am
Hi GlatzeKatze,

I think it is entirely possible that your quant score dropped on your GMAT because you started the section late and thus had to rush to make up time. Also, since this was your first GMAT, nerves could have negatively affected your GMAT performance.

Given how well you scored on official GMAT prep exams, I agree that you should take another GMAT ASAP.

I wrote a detailed article that provides some valuable test day tips and strategies]that should help calm your nerves on test day. If you need any further advice, feel free to reach out.