Profile Evaluation Please, Unusual academic and work history

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi! I am Solomon from India. I am very interested in pursuing an MBA from a good B-school either in India or abroad. My unique situation is that I have very less post-degree experience as I took a long break from studies after graduating from high school, although I do have some pre-graduate work experience.

Education:-
1. Bachelor of Arts with 65% in 2015 December (Distance Education).
2. Graduated from high school in 2008 with 86% in Commerce & Accounting, Economics. Then I took a long break from study until 2013 January when I enrolled in a B.A. program distance mode.

Work Experience:-(Full-time)
1. 2008 to 2011 Freelance computer graphic designer. Approximately 3 years.
2. 2011 to 2014 Voluntary work in an orphanage where I would oversee orphan children and make sure they get ready for school in time, do their homework, eat well, etc. Approximately 3 years.
3. 2014 to present, Medical transcriptionist at a firm based in India. 2 years.

GMAT:-I am planning to take the GMAT in 6 months from now and will try to do well. My target is a score of 700.

Post MBA-Goals:-
Short-term goals:-To initially work in an international company either in finance, consulting, strategy, human resources, etc.
Long-term goal: To become an entrepreneur. I have some good business ideas which I want to work on and I think an MBA will help me a lot in the process of achieving both my short-term and long-term goals.

Target Schools;- I am looking at the list of schools in FT and QS MBA rankings in India/Canada/Europe (I am starting from the bottom of the list). Do you think I stand a chance at obtaining admission to a reputed MBA program? What else could I add to my profile in order to increase my chances apart from a good GMAT score? I am planning to do short-term certificate courses in fields like Investment banking, business consulting, business fundamentals, etc., as pre-requisites for MBA and to increase my post-MBA employability in these areas. I want to know if taking such courses will help me become more acceptable to MBA programs. I am looking forward to hear your valuable suggestions. Thank you, Solomon.