Error While taking GMAT Prep Test from GMAT exam Pack 1

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I bought GMAT Prep Exam Pack 1 on Wednesday June 15 and tried to take exam on Thursday June 16. After completion of AWA & IR sections problem started after the 1st Quant Question. It is throwing an error(screen shot attached) and I was forced to end the exam. When I re-start the exam it starts from where it had stopped. It is both irritating and most importantly time consuming (Clock keeps running in-spite of the error). I have not tried the reset option lest I lose the once for all reset option and also not sure of its result. I am concerned about the number of days(rather time) left for me to practice. I have sent emails to 4 support email addresses on your website ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]). Kindly help me ASAP, my order Number is 213234206. Thanks
Attachments
error.png

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 am
Dear Ramachandra,

I apologize for the inconvenience. In order to successfully activate the GMATPrep Exam Pack 1, you must have the latest version (v 2.4.323) of the free GMATPrep® application installed. Please uninstall GMATPrep® if currently installed - if you have history data (exam scores, practice question sessions etc.) that you want to carry into the new install, make sure you click [No] when asked if you want the uninstall process to remove all data.
Then re-install the latest version of the free software by visiting: www.mba.com/gmatprep. Please ensure the following settings in your system: use the latest IE version (v11), have all service packs installed, and make sure you are not connected to any VPN or have any proxy set in your internet settings while trying to connect. If your operating system is Windows, please ensure you have 'TLS' enabled under Control Panel - Internet Options - Advanced tab. See attached screen shot (same name as the title).

In order to successfully install the exam pack, please ensure the GMATPrep application is closed, and then re-install the additional content by double clicking on the .gsp file. Do not enter the 18-digit activation code. You should not need to activate your additional content again.

If you are still unable to install and activate the additional content, please attach a screen shot of what you are seeing as well as the steps you are following, so we can resolve the problem. Please include the Operating System Version number and Browser you are using, as well.
Attachments
GMATPrep Server Error Message.png
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Ramachandra Reddy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:14 am
Thank you Abdul. I have Prep Version 2.3.322. Now I will uninstall the old one and replace it with new one.