VERB TENSE

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

VERB TENSE

by ash4gmat » Mon May 23, 2016 3:59 am
Q.During the reign of Mary I of England, the same Elizabeth who would later accede to the throne was imprisoned on suspicion of supporting Protestant rebels.

a)During the reign of Mary I of England, the same Elizabeth who would later accede to the throne was imprisoned on suspicion of supporting Protestant rebels.
b)Having been imprisoned on suspicion of supporting Protest rebels during the reign of Mary I of England, the same Elizabeth will later accede to the throne.
c)Imprisoned during the reign of Mary I of England on suspicion of supporting Protestant rebels, the same throne later fell to Elizabeth herself.
d)During the reign of Mary I of England, the same Elizabeth who will later accede to the throne was imprisoned on suspicion of supporting Protestant rebels.
e)Having been imprisoned during the reign of Mary I of England on suspicion of supporting Protestant rebels, the throne later fell to the same Elizabeth.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:770

by OptimusPrep » Tue May 24, 2016 7:22 pm
Is there any particular option you are facing problem with?

Things to keep in mind:

1. See if the modifier is used correctly
2. Watch out for the tenses. This sentence talks about things that have happened in the past.

By keeping these two things, you can arrive at the correct answer.