sorry i post this in the wrong topic...

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

sorry i post this in the wrong topic...

by shiyuan222 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:11 pm
Hello all, thanks in advance for all your help and advice. havenot written essays or anything, prep for 2017 application, and it's good cuz it gives me time to polish everything a bit more to present the best of myself.

here's a bit about my profile:
1. BSc in Engineering, undergrad GPA 2.8/4.0 from ohio state
2. GMAT 710
3. passed CFA level 1 exam, preparing for level 2 this december
4. currently working as a physical asset management analyst for an oil company for almost 3 years, with knowledge of reliability engineering, asset management maintenance cycles, procurement to pay cycles, etc.
5. speak english, japanese with full professional proficiency, and french (medium level) and have been translating subtitles for TED Talk over 1 year now and also do translations for individuals and companies.
6. managing an online store selling mainly exotic asian tea and other stuff for almost 1 year, not super profitable, but i do make some bucks lolol

I want to go to the financial asset management side, and focus on that so i can kind of connect my past career to the program, and broaden my view and understanding of asset management. (not sure how related they actually are)

not really have a lot of schools in mind, but i do have some dream schools that i'd love to go, relocation is not a problem, personally prefer a big city.

-Yale (i wish lol)
-NYU Stern
-Cornell Johnson
-UW Foster
-Georgetown
-Carnegie Mellon
-UCLA

also considering UBC in canada, love VANCOUVER. lol

Let me know what you think, and any other school suggestions and advice, thank you all so so much!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by [email protected] » Wed May 11, 2016 3:12 pm
Hi,

You're profile looks great particularly having passed the CFA level 1 exam as you would like to go forward with a career in Finance.

It would be best to browse through your target schools and check out the programs and opportunities they offer that matches your post MBA goals. If you would have some questions or doubts, feel free to contact us for a free consultation.

Other great schools to consider:
- London Business School
- INSEAD
- Columbia

You can also get a complimentary consultation at https://www.mbaitnow.com/contact-bedford/.
As GM of MBAitNow I make sure that every client receives the attention they deserve and experience our well-structured approach and process that ensures that they will have the best chances to get accepted at their dream schools.

My team and I had placed clients at MBA programs such as, HBS, SLOAN, ANDERSON, STERN, WHARTON, BOOTH, KELLOGG, HAAS, DARDEN, FUQUA, ROSS, etc.