Private Tutor Recommendations?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Private Tutor Recommendations?

by Alisaa » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:55 am
Hi to everyone,

I am looking for a private tutor who can help me beat the GMAT.

Do you have any recommendations or positive experiences?

I am sure that private tutoring is the best way to prepare for the GMAT but the high rates are shocking.

The only company that has decent rates is Optimus Prep but I was not able to find any reviews about them here.

Did someone tried their private tutoring services and can write about his/her experiences? I arranged a free online trial hour for next week but would be interested in learning more in advance if possible...

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:00 am
Hi Alisaa,

It's not clear whether you actually need a tutor or not. Before you spend a lot of money on that type of service, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) How long have you studied?
2) What materials have you used?
3) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Alisaa » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:50 am
Thank you Rich.

1) I just started with my studying

2) So far nothing, but I liked the trial hour of Optimus Prep and will sign up for a 23 hour package. Therefore, I will have a tutor, the official guide, the GMAT on demand course of Optimus Prep and some practice tests.

3) did not take one so far

4) 700

5) flexible

6) after I took the GMAT, but again I am relatively flexible

Overall, I was satisfied with the tutor and think he can be of great help for my studies. I did a few free trials of courses such as e-gmat but did not like it too much. Not that they are bad but they are not enough for me to score really well. To have an expert for such a hard test is recommendable for me and other companies are too expensive