Target Test Prep helped me beat the GMAT!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Target Test Prep helped me beat the GMAT!

by nadiagmat » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:17 pm
I could have never imagined in September when I got a 390 that I would be able to get a 680 in March.
I used Manhattan Prep and Kaplan to get myself to a 550 in December but I still needed the extra push.
For someone who hates quant and comes from a humanities background (I studied International Relations), I knew I had to find something that would teach me quant from the basics to the best strategies and tips for the hardest quant questions. Target Test Prep was it!
In addition to following the chapters from start to finish, I worked with Scott, founder of TTP, who really taught me the ins and outs of the quant section.
I used a tutor before him who was great at teaching me the basics but I was ready for someone to teach me STRATEGY. How to look at questions that look like they'll take 5-10 minutes to answer and answer them in 2 minutes. With his help and support I was able to get what I needed. He totally goes above and beyond any tutor I've ever had. I highly recommend him and TTP! Don't waste time thinking about MP and Kaplan!