Need some HELP! From 400 to 640?!?!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Need some HELP! From 400 to 640?!?!

by BrianBon » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:21 pm
Hi everyone,

I just messed up my GMAT exam one week ago with a score of 400! I studied for around 150h in 1,5 month with
- "The Official GMAT review 2016"
- additional Verbal & Quantitative Review
- Free GMATPrep software, including additional ExamPack
- I even attended a 2 day GMAT preparation course. So they already told me that this GMAT is more a psychological test etc.

Well, I realized that's not enough at all. I need to have a score of 640 and I want to retake the exam. If possible in 1 month. At the top of this, I'm currently working 100%. But studying 2h per day should not be a problem.
Can somebody of you give me any advice how to higher my score from 400 to 640 within 1 month?
I have an engineering background. Even though, my quant score was very low. Not to mention my verbal score..

I appreciate any kind of advice! Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
BrainBon

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:43 pm
HI BrianBon,

Many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores. As you've come to realize, 1.5 months was simply not enough time and effort for you to hit your goal. Unfortunately, raising your score 240+ points in 1 month is likely going to be too difficult to pull off. That goal is still achievable though, but it will likely take another 3 months of consistent, guided study to get you to that level.

1) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
2) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]