Profile Review Request

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Review Request

by Abhijitam » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:29 pm
Hi ,
This is Abhijitam here, I have just joined beat the Gmat and saw ur replies to the query of the applicants. You sounded very logical and pragmatic in your approach.

Request your team to please evalute my profile :

Brief about me : i am just giving snapshot , please let me know if any detail is required to make an assessment.
Nationality : Indian
Gmat : 710+ Expected (2 year back it was 690, so 710 looks a realistic/achievable score)

Undergrad : Bachelor in Nautical science
work Experience after Undergrad : Worked in merchant navy for good 5 years , sailed across multiple countries, worked with people from different nationalities . Majority of the work ex is on chemical tankers shipping toxic chemicals across US and Europe .

Post-grad : MBA from XLRI (amongst top B-schools in India ) Graduated in 2014 .

Present work Ex: Corporate strategy in Healthcare space (Would complete 3 Yrs's by next June - Time of application)
present role : i have done M&A , Due Diligence of the target asset and assisting legal and Financial consultants in DD stage , Pre-closure and Post closure negotiations .
Recently moved into role of Operations - Primarily setting up a Greenfield 500 bed facility.

certifications: Intend to complete CFA level 2 and FRM level 1 and 2 before i apply next year .

Apart from above listed details , I do have some extra curricular activities to showcase but not that great .

Target school : Insead , London Business school .
Reach - Harvard/ Wharton / Stanford but i am not sure how well i fit in these three i.e HWS.

Please let me know or guide me is my profile competitive for the schools mentioned . should i look for other schools as well that are similar to Insead and London Business school .

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:15 pm
make sure to apply in Round 1. Get as high a GMAT score as you can. It will be tough, one issue you will need to address is why you need to gain a second MBA. Perhaps focus on ramping up your volunteer work over the next few months to show additional leadership and your non work passions. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/