Question about GPA in Graduate Business School....?

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Hello Folks,

I decided to go to a well known accredit business college not university in NYC because I thought I had a good chance to obtain a 4.0 GPA in Accounting for my Master Degree and the cost of tuition is affordable. However after all the hard work, I failed to obtain an A in one of my accounting course and end up with a B (every other class I had an A grade). Due the B grade it had dropped my GPA from a 4.0 to 3.92.
I always wanted to be on stage during the graduation commencement and be one (recognized) ) of the top 10 students in the college and receive a metal for my achievement. But because of my 3.92 GPA It did not happen as I had plan to due to a professor that I will hate him for the rest of my life and did not want to change the grade and when I tried to convince the professor to do so it was too late to change grade due to school policy (the time for change in grade has passed). I am looking at resume and I feel depressed over my GPA.

Do you think I make a big mistake or I lost an good opportunity that I will regret for the rest of my life??? consequence (Pro Vs Con as far having 4.0 GPA VS 3.92 GPA) ?? Any Thoughts or comments??

Thanks,
Sam

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:50 pm
There is not a huge difference between a 4.0 and a 3.92. Don't sweat it too much. You should use this as encouragement to put together a great portfolio and not have to rely on having only a 4.0.
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!