Part time or Online MBA

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Part time or Online MBA

by reacham » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:10 am
Hi,
I am looking for some suggestions on part time, executive or online MBA. I have around 8 years of experience in IT and thou haven't given GMAT but mock tests results range in 620--670 kinds. A major disadvantage that I have in my profile is that I have not been working for past 3 years.Currently I am based out in US and can target the Part time or executive MBAs over here. Flexibility is what I am looking for and a good course to get back into the workforce.
Thanks,
A

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Edison@VeritasPrep » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:02 am
Thank you for posting your question.

You would need to address what you have been doing the past three years, what you have learned or experienced to improve your profile. Based on the information you have provided above, I believe you should avoid doing an online MBA especially you have not been actively engaged in any work or business.

You would want to start being actively engaged again and build a network to get back to the workforce. This is easier to do when you meet people in live classes. Your work experience is at the upper range for most MBA's. For EMBA's, this is typically for those at more senior levels, and a more defined career path already.

Wish you all the best!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:57 pm
Can I ask what you have been doing for the last three years? That could drastically change how schools view you. I typically advise people to avoid online MBAs at all cost. Very expensive and I don't see the results for most people. If you are dead set on it, look at IU or UNC online programs.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by reacham » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:07 pm
Thanks for your replies. Well, I have worked as a freelancer and volunteer in past 3 years but that hasn't been for very long duration.I just could not take up a full time job due to health and personal constraints.I have a toddler and cant really go for the residential programs.
I know my gap would be a drawback but then I need to know the best options I can have now.

Thanks

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Edison@VeritasPrep » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:13 pm
You would need to discuss these, providing details to highlight your personal and professional growth the past three years.

Using these as part of your personal story and how an MBA fits with your career and life goals going forward in important in coming with a compelling application. I believe attending live MBA classes is much better for personal development.