Looking for Purdue Employment Information

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Looking for Purdue Employment Information

by screamjack » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:12 pm
Hi,

I was wondering if there would are any MBA graduates from Purdue University here on BTG. Is there anyone who could tell me about the latest employment information? How easy was it to get a job for international students? What were the most common type of job offers? Does the career department at Krannert offer solid help in finding a job?

This is important for me as I hold an admissions offer from Syracuse with a good scholarship and an offer from Krannert with no aid. While it's clear that Krannert is a top ranked school, the fees are quite high and I'm not sure if it would be a fair return on investment compared to my other offer.

I will have two years of work experience before I go to school. Any information regarding career services at Purdue would be very helpful! Feel free to PM me as well. I'm kind of in a fix right now and would love speaking to alumni from Krannert or Whitman (Syracuse).

Just to give you some background, I am looking to work in the consumer products industry and my concentration of interest is Supply Chain Management with an accompanying interest in entrepreneurship.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:12 pm
Have you tried asking the school? Is it not published on their web site? Check out their career page and see if they publish a report. If not, you should email the school directly and ask for it. If they won't provide it to you, I would take that as a bad sign. Good luck!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by screamjack » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:22 pm
Michael@VeritasPrep wrote:Have you tried asking the school? Is it not published on their web site? Check out their career page and see if they publish a report. If not, you should email the school directly and ask for it. If they won't provide it to you, I would take that as a bad sign. Good luck!
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply. I am aware of their employment statistics for the batch of 2015. However, I was looking for information from graduates directly from the university or current students who would be able to give me first-hand information about the career services at Krannert and the ease of finding a job and the subjective opinions of students. Although the information provided by the school is useful, the first-hand stories from people who have experienced the school is priceless.

It would be great if you could put me in touch with someone from the school! Thank you again!