Help! Relocating and need to transfer...

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Help! Relocating and need to transfer...

by scintillate » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:20 pm
I started in the part-time program at NYU Stern this fall. But due to my husband's work, I now (unexpectedly) have to relocate to Dallas. I looked into UT-Austin @ Dallas, but it's closer to an EMBA with a hefty price tag, short time frame, and Friday classes. Thus, I'm looking into online programs.

So far, Kelley Direct seems like the best option. It has a pretty good reputation and can be finished over five years. My work reimburses 12.0 credits per year, so I'd prefer to go at a slower place.

UT-Dallas's online program is more expensive than Kelley's, and also more expensive than its full-time or on-campus part-time programs...which I find questionable...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:46 pm
I know a number of people who have done Kelley Direct and have never heard a complaint. Will they accept your credits from NYU Stern? Another strong online program you might want to look at is at UNC. If you are planning on staying in Dallas for awhile, I would still go with the UT Austin program so you can develop some kind of network and local companies will place more value on going there versus the online programs.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Personal MBA Coach » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:50 am
scintillate wrote:I started in the part-time program at NYU Stern this fall. But due to my husband's work, I now (unexpectedly) have to relocate to Dallas. I looked into UT-Austin @ Dallas, but it's closer to an EMBA with a hefty price tag, short time frame, and Friday classes. Thus, I'm looking into online programs.

So far, Kelley Direct seems like the best option. It has a pretty good reputation and can be finished over five years. My work reimburses 12.0 credits per year, so I'd prefer to go at a slower place.

UT-Dallas's online program is more expensive than Kelley's, and also more expensive than its full-time or on-campus part-time programs...which I find questionable...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Kelley has a reasonable price tag. UNC is expensive but if you can target a local program, I agree that it would help you more, even if it is a part-time program. While even more expensive, Carnegie Mellon has a nice hybrid program that would allow you to stay in Texas a lot and do some online, some in-person if you are willing to travel some.

See below for more info and good luck!

https://tepper.cmu.edu/prospective-stude ... -structure

Best,
Scott