Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I fared badly in GMAT
Take 1 580 (V21, Q49, IR 6, AWA 5) - 11th Aug
Take 2 650 (V31, Q48, IR2, AWA 4.5) - 4th Nov

A bit about my profile

Undergrad : BTech in Production and Industrial Engg. from NIT Allahabad, India
Undergrap CGPA : 9.4/10 (3.8/4)
Professional : 5.5 years of experience in Sourcing and Supply Chain Management working with a leading Indian Automobile company.

Extra Currics : Headed Creative Team for 2.5 yrs, Lead Coordinator for Training and Placement Offc, Chief Editor for Insitute Year Book, Member of Core Team for Institute Knowlege and Technical Festivals.

Work : Green Packaging Implementation, 3PL, Bill to Ship to system, Optimization of existing supply chain, developed vendor with state of the art facilities - These are key achievements apart from Key roles and responsibilities.

Area of Interest : Graphics Designing, Exploring Indie Music.....

My target schools - ISB, NUS - With above profile do I stand a chance in these b-schools

I would be glab if you could guide me on which other schools should I apply to based on my Gmat score and profile.

Much Love,
Pankaj Goenka

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:32 am
Hi Pankaj,

You have strong academics from NIT background and decent profile. For ISB, your score is bit less but still you have good chance if you can work hard on your essays and showcase leadership ability, initiatives at work place, team building skills, diversity in your profile through ISB application essays. So for any school you apply just focus more on these attributes and bring out the best in your application this is where you can make much difference. Since you have very less time to prepare your application for ISB, start working on it at the earliest. To shortlist few more schools based on your profile try B-School Selector Tool by clicking here https://goo.gl/LVWTay

Regards,
Manish
www.genedmba.com

philopank wrote:Hi,

I fared badly in GMAT

A bit about my profile

Professional : 5.5 years of experience in Sourcing and Supply Chain Management working with a leading Indian Automobile company.

Extra Currics : Headed Creative Team for 2.5 yrs, Lead Coordinator for Training and Placement Offc, Chief Editor for Insitute Year Book, Member of Core Team for Institute Knowlege and Technical Festivals.

Work : Green Packaging Implementation, 3PL, Bill to Ship to system, Optimization of existing supply chain, developed vendor with state of the art facilities - These are key achievements apart from Key roles and responsibilities.

My target schools - ISB, NUS - With above profile do I stand a chance in these b-schools

I would be glab if you could guide me on which other schools should I apply to based on my Gmat score and profile.

Much Love,
Pankaj Goenka

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:332 members

by Jon@Admissionado » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:07 am

I fared badly in GMAT

A bit about my profile

Much Love,
Pankaj Goenka
Well, with that score - at ISB it'll be tough, at NUS you should have a shot. Whether you want to retake or not.... well, that's always a consideration.

Best,
JF
"Hands down the best MBA admissions consulting firm of all-time, and boy, what an incredible founder!" -- Raj Patil, Founder of Admissionado

Something for everyone:
https://admissionado.lpages.co/admissio ... nter-2018/
https://admissionado.lpages.co/50-essay ... ked-vol-4/
https://admissionado.lpages.co/case-studies-lp/
https://admissionado.com/mba/reviews/
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Admis ... 700945.htm

Reach out, and let's gab. Our only requirement is that you don't prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 866-409-4753
Hit us up on WhatsApp.
Ping our satellite: 0884#&@-2#101101
Contact us via web form you lazy git: https://admissionado.com/contact/
Mostly, email Claudia.

Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:27 pm

I fared badly in GMAT

A bit about my profile

Much Love,
Pankaj Goenka
Hello Pankaj

Overall you have a good profile, except for the the GMAT. Having a non-IT background will be an added advantage. In your essays you can discuss how you could make unique contributions to your class. It sounds like you have worked on a lot of important projects. When you write your essays, the passages should not be about simply the projects you completed but the outcomes. How successful was the project? The optimizations you implemented in the supply chain - to what extent did they save resources? In short, don't just mention that you have xyz skills and qualities - prove them.

Your extracurricular activities look strong. You headed the creative team for 2 n half years at work or college? Having ECs from and outside work will have more value. Do you have any volunteer experience? You have mentioned a few areas of interests. Have you pursued them on a professional level?

With your GPA and experience, NUS would be safe. If you had a few more points on your quant score, ISB would have been within reach. In any case, if you are serious about applying, do apply in this cycle with strong essays. You can always apply next year with a better score as ISB is quite open to re-applicants.

Do get back to me

All the best
www.InterviewBay.com
Application Reviews & MOck Interviews by Alumni of your Target B-Schools

by philopank » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:32 am
Thanks for your insight.

2.5 yrs as Creative Head at College..

As you very rightly suggested, quantfication of outcomes would be important rather than subjectively stating the topic.

I would be obliged if you could suggest me other ASIAN B-SCHOOLS that I should consider applying. How good I stand a chance in Nanyang, HKU, AIM, HKUST...

Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:50 pm
While the scores aren't great, look at the bright side, you improved on your second try. Are you sure you don't want to try again? Third times the charm. If you could bump your score up 40 or 50 points you are going to open up a whole new world of schools. I would suggest going for it one more time. Good luck to you either way!

by PassEdge » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:38 pm
If you can show a lot of improvement with the scores, that means a lot to schools. Perhaps retaking it is a good idea!