Profile Eval: GMAT 680 for US/EU/Singapore colleges?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Profile: Male,Indian,28
Work Ex: 5 years till Today
2 yrs in films and two years in Software
Undergrad: 57% ~3.0 GPA

How realistic are my chances for Fall 2016 at:

1. NUS Singapore
2. UBC Sauder
3. Texas A&M Mays

Please suggest me colleges suitable for my profile.
Thank you.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by mcbMcK » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:58 pm
Prateek,

Consider the following:
  1. I am sure you don't need me to tell you that you are pretty late in the day. Nonetheless, NUS/NTU timelines might still be within grasp. For most others, it can be a pretty risky proposition.
  2. For reasons mentioned here, we do not provide gut-based school suggestions. That said, be conservative given the odds would be my suggestion.
  3. You haven't mentioned a GMAT score. Is that a done deal yet? That will be pretty important given that your undergrad GPA seems to be below average (?).
  4. It is not clear what you've done in films and how that links to the software gig you have today. If not linked, this can severely fracture your experience. So make sure you have a story there.
Hope this helps some

Cheers,
MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Edison@VeritasPrep » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:16 pm
Hi Prateek,

Your GMAT score of 680 is above the average for your target schools, but you would need to show a focus for your career progression, and post-MBA goals. Communicating a clear link among your past experiences, personal qualities, the target MBA program, and post-MBA goals are important in showing how you would benefit from the MBA and how this will help you achieve your goals.

Hope this helps you introspect, choose your schools, and prepare a compelling application package.
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!