Help Urgent Advice Needed

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Help Urgent Advice Needed

by siddharthyadav » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:10 am
Hi All

I need your advise on the decision of my MBA school. I bit of prologue, I am a mechanical and automation engineer with 6 years of work experience in project management (auto sector> I am currently a manager in an auto MNC & work long hours plus six days a week. I gave my gmat in 2013 & scored 480 (q26 v 31). I retook the gmat in 2014 (with a lot of preparation ) and scored only 430. I am very disappointed with the score but looking at my work ex I decided to go with what options I have. I applied to University of Victoria Canada, California State University East Bay, Dominican University of California & Valparaiso University.

Now I have got selected in the first three universities but am unable to decide which one to go in for? Also which MBA elective would suit me the best?

I don't see any great reviews of CSU East bay & Dominican. Please advise, I don't think I can retake the GMAT as its not possible to study along with this hectic schedule of mine & the fact that I am running against time.

Please give in your ideas?

Lastly are there any people who can give me a professional counselling on my selection?

Thanks

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by HBSAlumPE » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:17 pm
Nobody responded, did you figure everything out??

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:47 am
So I'll be honest with you, with that low of a GMAT, I think I would rather spend some more time working and preparing for the GMAT. You can score better, I have no doubt, with not just more prep, but also the right kind of prep. There are plenty of services out there that will help you achieve your goal, you should check them out. Good luck!