MBA Profile Assessment

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MBA Profile Assessment

by nagarwal91 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:26 am
Experts,

Hi, I am Nitish Agarwal. I am currently preparing for my mba applications. Below I have provided a detailed version of my profile. Request you to provide valuable feedback. I am currently in the process of selecting schools. Your help on profile evaluation will be of great help in shortlisting the right schools.

Profile:
1) Indian, Engineer, 25 year years, Male.
2) GMAT: 730 (M:50, V:42)
3) Dream Schools: Wharton, Standford, Harvard
4) Target Schools: Insead, LBS, Tuck, Booth, Columbia
5) Education: Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (B.Tech in Civil Engineering) GPA:8.35/10
6) Work Profile: 3.5 years of work experience.
3 years of experience as Field Engineer with expertise in project management, client management, & personnel management.Currently working as Senior Field Engineer for Schlumberger Ltd. Team Lead (up to 8 members) for planning and execution of short term projects in high-volume exploration and development projects across offshore and land rigs for India's largest Oil & Gas producer. Working in a multi-disciplinary project management role with 100% ownership of functions such as QHSE, Service Delivery, Quality Assurance, Equipment Maintenance, Logistics, Invoicing, Training & Development. Working in a multinational team and have traveled around 10 countries.
Achievements:
Launched the next generation spectroscopy service in India, achieving customer delight and a multi-million dollar service buyout (during an industry downturn in late 2015); Coached other engineers on execution of the service.
Published e-training lectures on Wireline Data Analysis, reducing class room hours by 10% in the introductory training course for engineer trainees.
Introduced 5S lean processes with multiple risk control procedures to implement a H.Q. level standard resulting in increase of procedural adherence by 80% in Mumbai area.
Received client appreciation letter for outstanding safety and service quality record during an exploration project.
Nominated for Most Active QHSE Employee award & recognized for superior QHSE reporting for three months in 2014
Top Performer in an intensive training course conducted amongst 18 international participants in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.

Also, worked as UI Developer for 6 months with Wipro Ltd.

7)Academic Publications:
Evaluation of Bluetooth for Traffic Stream Travel Time Estimation Under Indian Conditions (Transportation Research Board, 2013), explains the application of Bluetooth sensors for the first time in India to estimate quality travel time.
Travel Time Estimation in Urban Arterials using Location Based Data in Indian Conditions (Urban Mobility India Conference, 2012), details an easy-to-use extrapolation technique for travel time estimation with image sensors.

8) Extra Curriculars: Swimming and Open Water Scuba Diver, Traveled across 25 countries, Photography, Voracious Reader

9) Why MBA? More than education, I see MBA as lifestyle. With tools learned during MBA, not only my professional life becomes better, but apply them even to my personal life. Career, Decisions, Politics, Time, Relations, all can be managed better. Networking is abound and meeting exciting people from different walks of life. Learning different cultures across the globe and understanding how business is done.

9) Post MBA goals: Working for a multi national company in a corporate strategy role. Flexible, on the industry, making shortlists as I will progress along the MBA.

10) Issues: Work experince gap. After 3 years of working in the oil and gas industry, I quit my job in May 2015 and took a one way ticket to Spain. Since, then I have traveled across EU and Asia covering 18 countries.

Kindly help me with assessing the shortfalls in my profile and the positives. And also shortlisting prospective schools.

Regards
Nitish