Profile evaluation request

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile evaluation request

by SamiNavaneeth » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:30 pm
Female, Indian, 28 years old, Nurse (by qualification)
GMAT-700
Last edited by SamiNavaneeth on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:39 am
Interesting profile! Top MBA programs will be attracted to your hands-on experience and the career change that seems to be rooted in that experience. That said, you might want to be more strategic about your school choices: Age and GMAT are a bit off the center of the target for HBS and Stanford, so showing that your goals are very specifically tied to these programs will be an important part of your strategy. Duke seems to me like a better fit -- still demanding in terms of GMAT and leadership, but I don't find myself wondering why in particular you would apply to that school. If you do Wharton, you'll probably want to do the Healthcare Management track, in order to make the most of your experience going in.

Overall, I feel that there are a lot of nuances that will be important to take into consideration when constructing your application strategy: your goals, your career vision, and your leadership/impact in the workplace will be important themes. Internationalism is also important: why do you NEED an international MBA? How can you be sure your goals support these choices?

I don't always push people to work with MBA admissions consultants, but I sense that you are someone who could really benefit from some strategic assistance. You've got great potential here, so you might consider talking to a few professional admissions consulting firms and see if anyone clicks for you.

Good luck!
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me