Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,
My Profile is as follows:
Indian, Male, 25

GMAT: 760

Undergrad:
Amrita University(Among the Top 5 Private Universities in India), Electrical and Electronics Engineering, GPA:7.5/10 ~3.5/4 i think

Work Experience:
4 years at Top 3 American MNC in the Oil and Gas sector. Worked in Dubai. 5 years upon matriculation.

Worked for 2 years as an Electronics engineering technician in the Supply Chain division. Worked in the maintenance workshop. Acted as team lead and was recognized as a good team player.

Working as a field engineer and leading a team of operators to run operations in remote areas in Abu Dhabi and other locations.

Would like to acquire an MBA in operations management to work in the energy sector after. Would like to use my experience in both supply chain and operations to that effect.

Extra Curriculars:
NIIT National Chess Champion. Won the chance to play with Vishwanathan Anand.
State Level Tennis Player. Have participated in various competitions all over India.

I have shortlisted the MIT LGO program as my best fit for what I would like to achieve.
Also believe Ross, Kellogg and IE are good for Operations management.

What are my chances at these programs? I would like to do my MBA at a top 20 University and any advice on how to improve my profile would be welcome.

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:00 am
Assuming you are applying this year, there is not much to do to strengthen your profile, obviously good execution on your applications will be vital. Research your schools, make sure you know why you are a good fit for the schools to which you apply, you should have a decent shot, cheers, Alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by helzvog5 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:56 am
Will be applying next year R1.So would be helpful to know if there's anything else I can do. I don't have much volunteering work and am not really sure how to go about it. My work takes me to remote locations in the middle east and my community impact is pretty low.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:09 am
Cool, get creative, get involved with something about which you are passionate. That will have a good impact, if you can do it. cheers, Alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/