Profile Evaluation (730 GMAT, Entrep. ex.) School suggestion

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile and suggest colleges for me.
GMAT - 730 Q-50, V-40
TOEFL - 111 S-23, L-28, W-30, R-30
GPA - 7/10 IIT Madras in Mechanical Engineering
Work experience - 1 year as Consultant @ Capgemini which includes 2 Forbes 500 clients.
Started my own company in Healthcare/IT space and working full time as CEO in that for past 4 months and part time for about 16 months.
I played chess in school and college. Won Dean's Trophy Silver Medal and was team captain.
I was a Scout in school and got Governor Award. Did lots of community service in college too.
My short term goal post-MBA is to gain global exposure and experience by working in the field of IT/Health care as consultant.
My long term goal is to become a CEO of globally leading company.
The reason for doing MBA is to gain international market exposure, extensive global leaders network and learn sound business practices and finance concepts.

I have shortlisted the following schools. Please give your suggestion..
Dream Colleges - Harvard, Stanford, MIT Sloan, Haas, Booth
Target Colleges - Ross, UCLA, Cornell, CMU, Kelleys

I am aware that most of the colleges are in top 20 rankings. Kindly suggest which colleges I have best chance to get and which college I have very low probability and should drop from the list. Also suggest any other safe colleges I should apply to.

Thanks for your reply in advance...

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Hi there,

Thanks for your post. So your GMAT looks solid... but I'm trying to identify why NOW is the best time for you to get the MBA? And likely schools would wonder that as well? So did I read it correctly, you have 1 year full time then 4 months with your own company? How is that going? What is your plan for it when you go to school? Have you considered getting more experience first? The average student going in has about 5 years of full time experience...
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders