requires that VS requires to

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:530

requires that VS requires to

by vishalwin » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:04 pm
Legislation in the Canadian province of Ontario requires of both public and private employers that pay be the same for jobs historically held by women as for jobs requiring comparable skill that are usually held by men.
A. that pay be the same for jobs historically held by women as for jobs requiring comparable skill that are
B. that pay for jobs historically held by women should be the same as for a job requiring comparable skills
C. to pay the same in jobs historically held by women as in jobs of comparable skill that are
D. to pay the same regardless of whether a job was historically held by women or is one demanding comparable skills
E. to pay as much for jobs historically held by women as for a job demanding comparable skills.

Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:650

by akash singhal » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:12 am
vishalwin wrote:Legislation in the Canadian province of Ontario requires of both public and private employers that pay be the same for jobs historically held by women as for jobs requiring comparable skill that are usually held by men.
A. that pay be the same for jobs historically held by women as for jobs requiring comparable skill that are
B. that pay for jobs historically held by women should be the same as for a job requiring comparable skills
C. to pay the same in jobs historically held by women as in jobs of comparable skill that are
D. to pay the same regardless of whether a job was historically held by women or is one demanding comparable skills
E. to pay as much for jobs historically held by women as for a job demanding comparable skills.

I think A is the answer.
Am I right?

by vishalwin » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:14 pm
Hey Akash,

I know the OA man :D

Here we post question to check our reasoning or get the solution for question we didn't get on our own.

Please share your reasoning.

Followed by:2 members

by Abhishek009 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:17 am
vishalwin wrote:Hey Akash,

I know the OA man :D

Here we post question to check our reasoning or get the solution for question we didn't get on our own.

Please share your reasoning.
Require is a subjunctive Word and generally the structure for Subjunctive Word require is -

Subjunctive Word + That + Noun + Base form of the Verb

None other than A matches the structure for a sentence including subjunctive word, hence answer is (A) :D
Abhishek

by vishalwin » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:41 am
I got confused here in the usage of requires.

I thought we need REQUIRES TO and not the SUBJUNCTIVE requires THAT.

Instructors Can you please help.