Gmat 570, 2years work exp- which universities can i apply?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hi Everyone

I prepared for GMAT for a short time and did not score well. Now I dont have time to give it again and would still like to give it a shot with what I have right now for Sept 2015 batch. I am considering my options for MBA or Masters in International Business(MIB). The 2 options because I have heard for MBA you need min 3 years work ex, hence MIB course. I would prefer to go for MBA though.
My profile in brief is:

Gmat- 570
Work Experience- 14 months (will complete 2 years in Sept 2015, ie when the session starts) as Business Analyst.
CGPA- 8.92
Good records in extra curricular activities and received awards for social work.

Can someone please suggest chances of getting into a b-school and importantly the Suitable Universities in USA, Europe, I can apply to? I am really confused which universities to aim for with this GMAT Score.

Really appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:03 am
Hi

Could you please provide more information about your academic profile and also what kind of work experience you have and what have been your key achievements.

Also financially, what is the kind of budget you are looking at.

At first look a GMAT score of 570 with just 2 years of work ex (very borderline case), it is not a very comfortable position to be in to apply to good schools. However, since you are focused on MIB, let us know the above information and we may be able to advice you better.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Wish you the best.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by maira123 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:22 pm
Hi @manyaabroadtpr

Thanks for your reply.

I have my BTech degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering. I also took Management electives in my final year, and interned in HCL and Emerson Process Management.

I have been working as Business Analyst in an IT Company, from past one year, working on Salesforce CRM, and now I work with big System Integrators, partner with them and maintain strategic relationship for future opportunities.

I have a good record in social and environmental work since college and organized various college-level events (both cultural and technical).

Can you suggest universities for MBA or Msc in Management? Also what do you suggest between Msc in Management and International Business?

Thanks!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:31 members
GMAT Score:620

by Kaneisha Grayson » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:15 pm
Hi Maira,

I'm currently working with an international client who has a 500ish GMAT score and these are the schools we are looking at for him:

HBS (because EVERYONE who has the dream of applying should apply. You never know.)
Uni. of Miami
Hult
George Washington
Fordham University
Baruch University
Northeastern
Boston U.
American University
University of San Francisco

Of course you'd need to do further research and make sure these schools are a good fit for you, but they are a good place to start!

Best wishes!
Kaneisha
Harvard Business School MBA 2010, Harvard Kennedy School MPA 2010
Founder, The Art of Applying
Admissions Consulting for MBA, MPP, Joint Degrees, and Fellowships
https://theartofapplying.com

Want free advice that actually works? Sign up for my weekly MBA, MPP, and JD newsletter here: https://theartofapplying.com/newsletter/

My clients have earned over $3.1 million in fellowships from Harvard and other top MBA, MPP, and JD programs since 2010.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:07 pm
Unfortunately your very low gmat and lack of significant professional experience will be a high hurdle to overcome. Why do you feel like you need to go to school now? I think you would be much better off if you took another year to prepare for the gmat, scored better and picked up another year of work experience. good luck to you!