INSEAD Reject requests profile Evaluation

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

INSEAD Reject requests profile Evaluation

by Moja » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:31 am
Dear Admissions Consultant,

My application for September 2016 Intake was rejected by INSEAD today.

GMAT
Quant -67% Verbal-71% Overall -670 (First Attempt scored 590)

Graduation :Bachelors in Information Technology/3.8 GPA/Second Rank in my College

Nationality :Indian

9 years of overall work experience in financial services industry/ 5 years of full time job in EU/4 years in India. Currently working as a Business Analyst with a Trade Finance bank in EU.

Tennis Tournament player/Co-Founder of a failed startup in India/Learning Spanish

I would like to know how much of chance, do i have for selection, if i apply for next programme Jan 2017.

Kindly advise about the prospect of candidates applying to INSEAD for second time. How can i strengthen my profile?

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:51 pm
Since you are part of perhaps the most competitive applicant pool applying to business school, everything needs to be as strong as possible. The most obvious weakness, from your brief profile, is your GMAT score. You improved considerably from your first to second attempt, so if you think there is more room for improvement (gain 30+ points) then I would focus on that. It seems you have good international experience, there is no mention of volunteer activities, and obviously your goals / plan etc. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Moja » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:49 am
Thank you for insights Alex.

I agree with your point that 700+ would strengthen my profile in a big way. Since the deadline for Round 1 for Jan 2017 intake at INSEAD is March next year, that would be very short time for me to prepare and attempt GMAT.

Could you advise if I religiously put in extra effort to strengthen my essays and overall profile, Do I stand a chance with INSEAD?. Do they give equal preference to candidates who are re-applying?

I was Marketing Head of Educational NGO 2007 -2011,Dance Club Head 2006-2008 with my Ex-Employer.

My short-term goal is to move into Management Consulting.

Long-term goal is to become an Entrepreneur in Apparel Industry. (As I come from business family background and experience of a failed apparel start-up, I have considerable experience in Supply-chain and Sales of Apparel goods).

As an Indian National, INSEAD is my best bet to find employment in Europe post-MBA. I would like to settle in EU and hence see INSEAD as preferred choice.

Could you kindly give your insight on my views?

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:47 pm
my concern is, that as a reapplicant, I would expect a candidate to have improved aspects of the application that might have been weakest during the initial application. In your case, that might well be your GMAT score, which is below average. So no retake would be a potential issue. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/