Suitable B-schools to which I can apply at this profile?

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I would request your views on my profile. Details are as below:
1) Experience: After-sales operations at two largest automobile companies in India (Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors) looking after customer satisfaction and channel partner (Dealer) profitability. Total work experience = 4.5 years (June 2011 onwards). Job responsibilities include implementation of service quality standards to enhance customer satisfaction and enhancement of dealer revenues and profitability to improve company's business in the area. After-sales is a part of Marketing and Sales vertical.
2) GMAT - 730 (96%). Q49(78%), V40(91%), IR6(67%), AWA5.0 (59%)
3) Education : Bachelors in Engineering (BE) in Mechanical Engineering from Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur (howrah). It was a premier state university and has now been converted into a national university (Indian Institute of Engineering, Science and Technology). Marks obtained - 67.08%. Approx. 50% rank in the class. (It is 3.0/4.0 as per WES GPA conversion)
Class 12th - 81.4%, Class 10th - 86.6% (If those are relevant at all).
4) Extra curricular activities:
i) Orange belt in Karate.
ii) Bronze medal in Inter-unit karate championship (Kata category).
iii) Sports such as TT. Represented hostel team in college and reached semi-finals. No certificate though.
iv) Part of the sponsorship team of annual cultural fest of Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur. Arranged for Sponsorship from Vodafone and Luxor pens worth Rs. 80,000/- and 20,000/- respectively. No certificate though.
v) Achieved third position in the group dance/performance category in the Annual Business Review Meet of Tata Motors in 2015.
5) No certifications
6) Post MBA Goal - To work in the strategy function of marketing and sales vertical OR in the consulting function in a reputed consulting firm. I eventually want to start my own business in the renewable energy sector.
Could you please suggest me the relevant schools to which I should apply. I will apply to only one or two schools because of the high application costs.

Thanks,
Ashish Prasad

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:22 am
make sure, for the application, you chose one path for your goals, and not the balance of two paths. Your work experience and goals are interesting, not so typical as an Indian Engineer applying (which is a very competitive applicant pool). That's a good thing. Your XCs / volunteer experiences seem OK, but nothing there that really stands out I fear. If you are only applying to two schools, because of cost, it makes me wonder if you need full scholarship awards too. If that is the case, you options for schools would be much lower than if scholarship was not an issue. If no scholarship, then top 20 schools might work for Round 2, of scholarship is important, than you would be better looking at top 30-40 schools I imagine. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/