Kindly evaluate my Profile

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Kindly evaluate my Profile

by Sammyrasuri » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:28 am
Hi,

I am a Software Engineer. I am currently working with a reputed MNC as a PMO Lead.
I have 11.10 months of work experience. I've recently written my GMAT and scored 670

Below is my academic information

10th - 77%
12th - 60%
Undergrad - 72%

I have short term work experience in UK and Singapore.
I have worked in several roles in my 11+ years of work experience.. ranging from team member to Project lead to Onsite co-ordinator to Business Co-ordinator (Client facing role responsible fo all the business communications and co-ordination).

I've recently taken up the role of a PMO lead.

I want to do an MBA so that I can move up the ladder and take up bigger roles. I also am interested in starting my own business and believe that having an MBA would actually help me achieve this goal of mine.

Extra curricular activities & Achievements
I sketch.
I had participated in the hyderabad level painting competition while in school and won an award
I participated in a crafts competition held by Fevicol in my school and won an award
I am a part of the social service group in my organization and have contributed to and participated in the events held by the group.
Participated in regular orphanage visits and contributed in terms of teaching the kids and understanding their requirements and working towards providing those.
I was awarded the best performer by the client for the work done, in 2010.
Our team was awarded the star award for the work done, in 2011.

I am planning to apply to ISB in the second round in January.
Since i feel that i fall into the common pool of profiles, i am planning to write GMAT again.

Kindly evaluate my profile and suggest what else I can do to make my profile stronger and how i can ensure that I do my best to get into ISB.

Regards
Samatha

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:32 pm
honestly I think you have "hit the nail on the head" so to speak, in terms of what you need to do to improve your candidacy. All else looks good, but your GMAT might hold you back. If you think you can improve it by 30+ points, then that is what you should try to do. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/