Profile Evaluation Help Needed

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation Help Needed

by swati1606 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:19 am
Hello everyone,

I am looking to get a second MBA. I completed my MBA from a top 10 B school in India. However, I was fresh out of Undergrad then and had no professional experience prior to my MBA. I worked for 5 years post my MBA, and now feel a second MBA will broaden my international exposure and help me build networks and expertise in industries I want to build my career in, in the long term.
I'm looking to get an opinion of my profile so I can assess my chances at admissions at top schools. I'm aiming for Harvard (reach school), but I'm also looking at Columbia, Wharton, MIT Sloan, NYU Stern, INSEAD

Nationality: Indian
Education: MBA, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (Amongst Top 10 B schools in India) (CG: 3.6; Top 10% of class); Electronics and Communications Engineer, NSIT Delhi (Amongst Top 10 Tech schools in India) (CG : 8.8; Top 5% of Class)

GMAT: 730 (Expected)

Experience:
Corporate Development (M&A and Strategic Investments) at Snapdeal.com - India's leading e-commerce startup (1 year)
- Worked on various acquisition deals across the e-commerce ecosystem with a cumulative investment of $500M+
- Identified potential targets, conducted financial analysis and valuations
- Prepared business cases and presentations for the Board of Directors detailing deal benefits and synergies
- Assisted legal teams in preparing documents including LOI/term sheets and definitive agreements
- Partnered with functional teams for execution of all transactional processes such as due diligence and integration

Management Consultant, Strategy and Operations - Deloitte Consulting US (4 years)
- Worked with Fortune 500 businesses across United States, Mexico, Europe and the Middle East in the areas of Due Diligence, Market Entry and Growth Strategy, Business Model and Supply Chain Transformation
- Worked across various industries including financial services, telecom, oil & gas, FMCG, healthcare and logistics
- Specialization in M&A, Market Entry & Growth Strategy, Supply Chain Strategy and Business Model Transformation

Extra-curricular
- Core Team Member, Deloitte's Campus Recruitment Team
- Core Team Member, Deloitte's Impact Day Organizing committee, chief CSR initiative of Deloitte
- Core Team Member, Deloitte S&O Fundamentals across S.E Asia - Coordinated training and induction for ~150 new hires each year
- Coordinator, Konsult - the Consulting Club of IIMK
- Senior Coordinator, Moksha - Annual Inter College Cultural Symposium, NSIT, Delhi
- Vice Head Girl, Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj, Delhi
- Interests : Travelling, Reading, Squash, Boxing

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:46 am
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your details. Overall, you have a nice profile (assuming you hit your GMAT goal). You'll have to address why you need a 2nd MBA (likely in your optional essay). Assuming you reach your goal of a 730 GMAT, I like the schools you have targeted, however note that they're not all aligned per se. What about your goals, both in the short and long-term. This will help determine which of these school fit best for you. How many schools are you looking to apply to in R2? If you'd like to chat more in detail about your profile, feel free to set up a free consultation with us and see how we can get your story application ready. Also, feel free to check out our free resources to get you started for your R2 preparation. Best of luck this season!
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!