Evauation of my profile

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Evauation of my profile

by MAYANK SRIVASTAVA » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:23 am
Hii Sir,

Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB.

GMAT Score : 710 (Q:49, V :36, AWA:3.5, IR : 8 )

Work experience : 4 Years in Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited as Project Coordinator of Thermal Power Project.

GATE Score : 971, All India Rank 25

Graduation : Btech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering 77.6 %

Class XII : 85.2 %

Class X : 91 %

Extra Curricular activities :

Apex coordinator of College fest.

Member of Student coordination committee

Awards :

First Prize in Hindi Essay competition organized for Bangalore PSU division by Govt of India.

Excellence award by BHEL.

Since i have low AWA score, should I opt for Cycle 2 after reappearing for GMAT?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:26 am
Hi there,

I wouldn't worry too much about AWA and wouldn't change my admission round simply due to that... schools are still primarily interested in your overall score, and your Q/V performances.

In terms of assessing your overall profile, I don't know much about you thus far but the challenge I would mention or suggest you aim to overcome is to really show LEADERSHIP in your life to date, and how you've made an impact? And think about what makes you who you are, and what you'll bring to the class... your stats seem decent from the limited info I have here, but keep in mind schools like ISB do turn away plenty of 'good' candidates too so it's important to really show all that you have to offer and also to show a good fit for each school.

Keep us posted on how we can assist at any point and feel free to share more!
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders