This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Request for Profile Evaluation

by raysaranya » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:51 am
Dear Team,
Please find my profile brief for evaluation:
Name: Saranya Roy
GMAT Score: 680 (Q48, V34) :(
Total Corporate Experience: 5 Years (2009 -2010, 2012 April - 2016 March)
Total Entrepreneurial Experience: 3.5 Years (Dec 2012 - March 2016)
Experience Briefs:
1) Co-founder, https://www.saltnsoap.com - I co-founded SaltnSoap, the currently largest online grocery portal of eastern India, right after my post-graduation i.e. March, 2012. Salt n Soap, a BlueBeaks initiative, intends to provide its consumers a convenient, social, enjoyable and rewarding experience of shopping their daily grocery needs online from the comfort of their homes and offices. I have been interviewed as a young entrepreneur in leading national and local newspapers including The Telegraph, Business Standard, The Indian Express, Hindustan Times, Ei Samay etc. My business partners include stalwart from the IT industry (Ex-vice president, IBM).
2) I work at PwC India from April 2012 as a senior consultant. I work in their technology consulting business unit as an Oracle business analyst and supply chain management (SCM) functional consultant engaged full time basis at client. I have been promoted to senior consultant from consultant last year and I currently lead a team of 5 people.
3) I have been associated with some of the entrepreneurship mentoring programs in Kolkata. I have been appointed as a project guide of the current second year batch (2014-16) of Indian Institute of Management, Joka, Kolkata. I am one of he youngest kolkatans to deliver business case studies at CII, Kolkata, Suresh Neotia Center of Excellence for Leadership. I also mentored students from Jadavpur University, Praxis Business School, I.E.M. in ndia and University of Waterloo in Canada.

4) I handled recruitments periodically for Salt n Soap from different premier B-schools in India (Offers received from IIM Calcutta - summer placement, IIM Lucknow - final placement, IIM Indore - final placement, XIMB - final placement etc.). The first recruitment was from the oldest B-school of India, IISWBM. This recruitment news got featured in Economic Times [E-commerce companies' premium recruitment]
5) As a part of Bluebeak's Data and Digital Analytics operations, I consult West Bengal Tourism as their social media consultant. I make their social media marketing strategies and also perform different data analytics through text mining and other tools for West Bengal Tourism being one of the moderators for their Social media channels (i.e. Twitter and Facebook).
Academic Briefs and others:
Post Graduation: GPA 5.18 (out of 8), PGPBM (IT and Operations)
Graduation: CGPA 8.6 (out of 10), B.Tech (Information Technology)
Higher Secondary: 78.4% (Science)
Secondary: 90% (Science) [State rank holder]
Extra Curricular: Almost negligible
Social Work: From 2011, associated actively with AGAMANI, a non-profit initiative by people from my school, Ramakrishna Mission. Our mission has been total uplifting of the most deprived and underprivileged people of the society, who reside in the roadside and footpath under open sky round the year irrespective of age, GMAT and religion. [https://www.agamani.org]

Target Program Length: 1 year
Target Program Country: Any
Target Program Year: 2016 or 2017
Target College: Any (ISB, IIMC, IIMB preferable, but open for other top colleges too!)