Please review my profile - MFin

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:580

Please review my profile - MFin

by ardhiant » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:45 pm
I'm 25 years old consultant from Indonesia trying to continue my education to grad school for MFin.
Several points for my background:
- GMAT 580 (2nd try) - probably will retake GMAT again
- IELTS 7.5
- total 4 yrs working exp.: 3 yrs working exp. in PwC Indonesia as an auditor and 1 yr working exp. as a financial consultant in a small local consultant firm (more like IB, looking for funding for private companies in Indonesia)
- passed CFA Lv.1

Do I have chance to be admitted in at least top 50 MFin ? And where do you suggest I should go for MFin?
Thanks.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by MSFHQ » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:52 am
I think your work experience and your employer brand is good. CFA L1 is a positive indicator. The GMAT is killer though. I do think you'd get into some MSF programs in the US. Not sure about the ones in Europe. If you can retake the GMAT and get into at least the lower 600's I think you'd be much more competitive.

In the US I can see you being accepted into Santa Clara, Arizona State, maybe Johns Hopkins, Texas A&M, Ohio State (might be a stretch), and other schools in this range. In Europe maybe a few lower ranked UK schools. Still going to be difficult.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:25 pm
You'll definitely want to retake the GMAT and do your best to hit between a 630-650. Also, what are your future short and long term goals? What do you ultimately want to use your MFin for?
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:580

by ardhiant » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:55 am
Hi CriticalSquare MBA,

I wanna have a job in a top IB or PE. With my current academic background from local university in Indonesia, I'm having difficulties to enter those high-profile IB or PE, that's why I need to take MFin.
I haven't retake GMAT, but let's say I can get 600-650, where do I should apply?
Actually, I'm interested in LSE - Master in Finance and Private Equity but not sure can get it through.