Basic Profile Evaluation

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Basic Profile Evaluation

by LateRunner » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:18 am
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to start my GMAT Prep now (Sept 2015), I am in the process of short-listing the schools, universities. I need your help in convincing me that although late it is a good decision.

10th : 90%
12th : 91%
Under-Graduation : Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics and Telecom) : 74%

Work Experience : 6 years

Job Profile : Database Administrator and Production Support, Very little Managerial exposure. Done mentoring young joiners.

Extra-Curricular : Can't think of anything concrete which will outweigh my profile.

Can anyone help me point to a forum, to know the timelines to apply to the MBA programs, starting from GMAT to the application.

Thanks,
S R

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Personal MBA Coach » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:58 am
LateRunner wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am planning to start my GMAT Prep now (Sept 2015), I am in the process of short-listing the schools, universities. I need your help in convincing me that although late it is a good decision.

10th : 90%
12th : 91%
Under-Graduation : Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics and Telecom) : 74%

Work Experience : 6 years

Job Profile : Database Administrator and Production Support, Very little Managerial exposure. Done mentoring young joiners.

Extra-Curricular : Can't think of anything concrete which will outweigh my profile.

Can anyone help me point to a forum, to know the timelines to apply to the MBA programs, starting from GMAT to the application.

Thanks,
S R
LateRunner,

I like the name! Very creative. I can certainly walk you through the timelines, reach out to me and we can discuss. Briefly though, most schools have round two deadlines in early January and round three deadlines in March/April. Round three is the most challenging so I recommend applying for at least some or most in round two. You could start studying for the GMAT today and spend 80% of your time on GMAT and 20% on applicants. I work with many folks who use this model. Then once GMAT is finished in a couple months (ideally), you shift gears and hit the ground running on applications 100%. The benefit of starting the apps now is you have a foundation to work off.

In terms of schools, I would need a lot more info from you first.

What undergraduate school did you go to?
What company do you work at?
Promotion path at work? Performance relative to peers?
Post-MBA goals.

Let me know and we can discuss further.

by LateRunner » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:54 pm
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply. And thanks for appreciating the creativity, though it is nothing but the fact, at least for me in getting in the GMAT and MBA race.

One thing I wanted to know is when is the ideal time to apply for the first round? I read that in the round 2 and 3 chances become dire for the average applicants.

I will contact you on the below mentioned mail id about the details you asked about.

I know I will have to work really hard and use the parallelism for GMAT prep and application, to get it done on time and above average.

Thanks again,
S R

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Personal MBA Coach » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:19 pm
S R,

Thanks for your note. There is not a big difference between round one and round two, though in round three it is significantly more difficult. In terms of timing for round one, the applications are due between early Sept and early Oct.

I look forward to hearing from you and continuing the conversation!

Best,
Scott

by LateRunner » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:27 pm
Thanks Scott, for the prompt reply :)

So I should target for the Sept 2016 applications deadlines.

Of course, I plan to continue this conversation ahead with you. I have just started on my research of MBA programs and schools, need to make my profile a bit stronger in this one year I will have to my disposal, gather funds,etc.etc.

Thanks again,
S R