Help!!!Please evaluate my Profile:Indian Female, 26,GMAT 690

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi ,

Kindly evaluate my profile and provide your valuable inputs on B-schools i should be aiming for.

Indian Female working in F&S domain in Accenture
Chennai,India 2009-2011 dec

GMAT:
GMAT - 690 - Q46, V39 ,IR-7

Education Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics and Communication 71.01% First Division:2008
 10th Standard: CBSE: 88.8% school topper :2002
 12th Standard : CBSE: 78.2% 2004

Summer trainings and Internship:

DRDO: Defense research and Development organisation
Research assistant for Solid state physics LASER. Was actively involved in:
"¢ Creation/Assembly of Solid state laser
"¢ Analysis on the research papers presented on Solid state results

ERTL: Electronics regional testing lab
"¢ Study of State-of-the-art Anaechoic Chamber
"¢ Study of the process of CE certification of digital instruments(Surge and Burst test)

WORK EXPERIENCE:
Currently working as a Test lead for a leading auto insurance client in USA.
The responsibilities include:
"¢ Test plan,Test strategy and other tesing deliverables
"¢ Testing coordination
"¢ Requirements Analysis
"¢ Creating detailed design
"¢ Creation and Execution of System test cases
"¢ Defect Tracking in TRAC "¢
Involved in Peer Review
"¢ System Testing

Extra curricular actvities
Accenture
*GCP (Global career program)onboarding team:
Aimed at:
1)Helping new joiners at onsite during their initial stay.
2)Assisting them in documentation and paperwork

*GCP Scheduling team:
Interviewing Subcontarctors for accenture and aligning them as per job openings.

*GCP LKM team:
Planning and coordinating:
1)Rewards &recognition programs
2)Mentoring Lunches
3)Know your leads initiative
4)Cultural diversity programs

*GCP Corporate citizenship:
Helping homeless and needy(Food,clothing and monetary help)

*Akshaya Patra Initiative (For providing food to the needy)
* Technical paper presentation on : Impact of driver less cars in Auto insurance
* Participated in Bloomington -Normal Half Marathon.

College Level:"¢ Founding member of Orator's club
"¢ Founding Member's of spiritual Club.
"¢ Active member of Electronics group :The digitals
"¢ Organised Technical fest for ECE dept.
"¢ Was active contributor for College Fest

School level:
"¢ Got many awards and accolades for debates ,declamation ,group song and Poem recitation.
"¢ Won Poem recitation competition for regional level for Kendriya Vidyalaya
"¢ Won drawing competition organised by Bal Bhawan
"¢ Was House captain and participated and won many prizes in Kendriya Vidyalaya

Hobbies/Interests:
"¢ Jogging/Long Distance Running
"¢ Hiking/Canoeing
"¢ Cooking (Indian/International cuisine) Desserts &Baking in particular
"¢ Music
"¢ Watching Historical movies &Documentaries

I plan to apply in R2.
Also, kindly suggest whether aiming for ISB with this score is justified or not.

Thanks
Ritz

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:20 pm
Hi there,

Thanks for your post. Certainly schools are looking for qualified female applicants, so that helps, but on the flip side, there are so many Indian engineering applicants, so it is important you work on showcasing non-technical skills beyond analytical thinking and projects/testing/science/technology. Those are already evidenced on your resume. But how can you demonstrate leadership? Teamwork? communication skills? people management? How have you influenced or motivated others? It sounds like you have a variety of extra-curricular involvements that should help with this. Your international experiences are also a plus. The 690 is below average at ISB but not so dramatically below that they wouldn't consider you if they liked the rest of your application. Otherwise, not sure what countries you are looking at or other school factors, but I'd say top 10 or so will be difficult; beyond that there's a better shot. Let us know how else we can help. Your goals may also influence your choice of school. Good luck to you!
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

by brat_ritz » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:49 am
mbaMissionJenK wrote:Hi there,

Thanks for your post. Certainly schools are looking for qualified female applicants, so that helps, but on the flip side, there are so many Indian engineering applicants, so it is important you work on showcasing non-technical skills beyond analytical thinking and projects/testing/science/technology. Those are already evidenced on your resume. But how can you demonstrate leadership? Teamwork? communication skills? people management? How have you influenced or motivated others? It sounds like you have a variety of extra-curricular involvements that should help with this. Your international experiences are also a plus. The 690 is below average at ISB but not so dramatically below that they wouldn't consider you if they liked the rest of your application. Otherwise, not sure what countries you are looking at or other school factors, but I'd say top 10 or so will be difficult; beyond that there's a better shot. Let us know how else we can help. Your goals may also influence your choice of school. Good luck to you!

Hi JenK,
It has been a while since I asked your feedback.so here, is my updated resume .Please let me know which schools I need to apply to:

Accenture LLP,Chicago,USA Jan 2012 - Present
Test Lead January 2013 - Present

"¢ Supervised a team of 5 associates that analyzes the business requirements, performs testing, and supports production issues for State farm Insurance, USA
"¢ Led the test team initiative from end-to-end and performed Risk assessment for a Work force optimization tool for nearly 8 major project implementations and 50 Service implementations affecting ~85000 end users
"¢ Built a team of 7 analysts on offshore -onsite model- resulting in revenue growth of $150K
"¢ Spearheaded the Test Automation Project translating into cost savings of nearly ~70% which equals $200 K savings for the client per project implementation and nearly $100K savings for service implementation
"¢ Interviewing 15 prospective candidates for new openings in Accenture for testing profiles

Test Coordinator January 2012 - December 2012
"¢ Performed Functional Requirement Analyses, developed Test Strategy, performed Test execution; collaborated with end -users to provide consistent communication experience to both Agents and customers of state farm insurance.
"¢ Led the offshore team as onsite coordinator and provided Test execution status, Test strategy ,Test assessment, Managed test work with onsite and offshore resources resulting in increased efficiency and reduction in re-work due to miscommunication

Accenture Services Pvt. Ltd, Chennai India September 2009- December2011
Module Lead September 2010-Dec 2011

"¢ Guided a team of 2 as a module lead ,test designer and tester for a module which dealt with Premium/Rate calculation formulae for auto insurance
"¢ Mentored new resources for P& C (Property and casualty) Rating project for State farm.
"¢ Volunteered in VAJRA team (Volunteers for Jobs related to Associate Software Enggs) to help coach new hiresby giving KT and brown Bag sessions

Test Analyst September 2009- August 2010
"¢ Designed test cases for a rating project which helps actuaries create and update rate sets and rating formulae in an easy way.

AWARDS & HONORS
"¢ Ranked first in 'Green field Training' for new - August 2009
"¢ 'ACE' award (awarded to top 5% performers in Accenture ) - 2013
"¢ 'GPTW Onboarding team' award (given to top volunteers who help in onboarding new onsite resources) - 2013
"¢ 'GPTW Staffing team ' award(given to top staffing team volunteers who help in recruitment process) - 2014
"¢ 'Performer of the quarter 'award in Q1- 2015 for outstanding work in client deliverables .

EDUCATION

Kurukshetra University
Bachelor in Electronics and communications Engineering July2004-June 2008
GMAT Score - 690(Quantitative - 46, Verbal - 39, AWA - 6
"¢ Member : Departmental Spiritual Club and Orator's club
"¢ Founder member : Dept. club Digitals
"¢ Student Placement Coordinator for Satyam and L&T campus drive

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & SKILLS
"¢ Interests: Cooking (Vegetarian cuisine particularly desserts); FoodPhotography, Reading (Quora, Wikipedia & random Trivia,) Running
"¢ Certifications: RFT,RMT, ASDA
"¢ Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Excel (including macros), PowerPoint

In addition to this ,
*I have organized a 5K and raised about 1500$ for the funding of books and stationary material for a Primary school in India..
*Am a senior contributor and among the top reviewers for Trip Advisor in my area

Please let me know the list of schools I can apply to with this score. Waiting in anticipation.

by brat_ritz » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:49 am
mbaMissionJenK wrote:Hi there,

Hi JenK,
It has been a while since I asked your feedback.so here, is my updated resume .Please let me know which schools I need to apply to:

Accenture LLP,Chicago,USA Jan 2012 - Present
Test Lead January 2013 - Present

"¢ Supervised a team of 5 associates that analyzes the business requirements, performs testing, and supports production issues for State farm Insurance, USA
"¢ Led the test team initiative from end-to-end and performed Risk assessment for a Work force optimization tool for nearly 8 major project implementations and 50 Service implementations affecting ~85000 end users
"¢ Built a team of 7 analysts on offshore -onsite model- resulting in revenue growth of $150K
"¢ Spearheaded the Test Automation Project translating into cost savings of nearly ~70% which equals $200 K savings for the client per project implementation and nearly $100K savings for service implementation
"¢ Interviewing 15 prospective candidates for new openings in Accenture for testing profiles

Test Coordinator January 2012 - December 2012
"¢ Performed Functional Requirement Analyses, developed Test Strategy, performed Test execution; collaborated with end -users to provide consistent communication experience to both Agents and customers of state farm insurance.
"¢ Led the offshore team as onsite coordinator and provided Test execution status, Test strategy ,Test assessment, Managed test work with onsite and offshore resources resulting in increased efficiency and reduction in re-work due to miscommunication

Accenture Services Pvt. Ltd, Chennai India September 2009- December2011
Module Lead September 2010-Dec 2011

"¢ Guided a team of 2 as a module lead ,test designer and tester for a module which dealt with Premium/Rate calculation formulae for auto insurance
"¢ Mentored new resources for P& C (Property and casualty) Rating project for State farm.
"¢ Volunteered in VAJRA team (Volunteers for Jobs related to Associate Software Enggs) to help coach new hiresby giving KT and brown Bag sessions

Test Analyst September 2009- August 2010
"¢ Designed test cases for a rating project which helps actuaries create and update rate sets and rating formulae in an easy way.

AWARDS & HONORS
"¢ Ranked first in 'Green field Training' for new - August 2009
"¢ 'ACE' award (awarded to top 5% performers in Accenture ) - 2013
"¢ 'GPTW Onboarding team' award (given to top volunteers who help in onboarding new onsite resources) - 2013
"¢ 'GPTW Staffing team ' award(given to top staffing team volunteers who help in recruitment process) - 2014
"¢ 'Performer of the quarter 'award in Q1- 2015 for outstanding work in client deliverables .

EDUCATION

Kurukshetra University
Bachelor in Electronics and communications Engineering July2004-June 2008
GMAT Score - 690(Quantitative - 46, Verbal - 39, AWA - 6
"¢ Member : Departmental Spiritual Club and Orator's club
"¢ Founder member : Dept. club Digitals
"¢ Student Placement Coordinator for Satyam and L&T campus drive

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & SKILLS
"¢ Interests: Cooking (Vegetarian cuisine particularly desserts); FoodPhotography, Reading (Quora, Wikipedia & random Trivia,) Running
"¢ Certifications: RFT,RMT, ASDA
"¢ Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Excel (including macros), PowerPoint

In addition to this ,
*I have organized a 5K and raised about 1500$ for the funding of books and stationary material for a Primary school in India..
*Am a senior contributor and among the top reviewers for Trip Advisor in my area

Please let me know the list of schools I can apply to with this score. Waiting in anticipation.

by brat_ritz » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:51 am
Also, I wanted to go into Product management area

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:04 pm
Hi there,

Thanks for the update, and congrats on the strengths and improvements to your work experience, leadership and resume. All you've accomplished in the past 2 years will certainly benefit you.

I'm assuming the GMAT is the 690 unless anything changed; I'd still say outside top 10 will be BEST chances but you could apply to a couple of top 10 as it could still work out with great essays/applications. But I don't want to just pick schools randomly.... if you have specific criteria feel free to share; for more on choosing schools, check out our free download at: https://info.mbamission.com/Selecting-Yo ... ram-E-Book. You mentioned product management so perhaps some options might include Tepper and Carey that you'd have good chances at. Just brainstorming. Keep us posted!
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders