Profile evaluation Request....

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile evaluation Request....

by brat_ritz » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:18 am
Hi,
Kindly evaluate my profile and please suggest which business schools I should be applying to with this profile.I did try to re-take GMAT but my score is not moving beyond 690.

INDIAN/IT/FEMALE/28.
Accenture LLP,Chicago,USA Jan 2012 - Present
Test Lead January 2013 - Present

"¢ Supervised a team of 5 associates that analyzes the business requirements, performs testing, and supports production issues for State farm Insurance, USA
"¢ Led the test team initiative from end-to-end and performed Risk assessment for a Work force optimization tool for nearly 8 major project implementations and 50 Service implementations affecting ~85000 end users
"¢ Built a team of 7 analysts on offshore -onsite model- resulting in revenue growth of $150K
"¢ Spearheaded the Test Automation Project translating into cost savings of nearly ~70% which equals $200 K savings for the client per project implementation and nearly $100K savings for service implementation
"¢ Interviewing 15 prospective candidates for new openings in Accenture for testing profiles

Test Coordinator January 2012 - December 2012
"¢ Performed Functional Requirement Analyses, developed Test Strategy, performed Test execution; collaborated with end -users to provide consistent communication experience to both Agents and customers of state farm insurance.
"¢ Led the offshore team as onsite coordinator and provided Test execution status, Test strategy ,Test assessment, Managed test work with onsite and offshore resources resulting in increased efficiency and reduction in re-work due to miscommunication

Accenture Services Pvt. Ltd, Chennai India September 2009- December2011
Module Lead September 2010-Dec 2011

"¢ Guided a team of 2 as a module lead ,test designer and tester for a module which dealt with Premium/Rate calculation formulae for auto insurance
"¢ Mentored new resources for P& C (Property and casualty) Rating project for State farm.
"¢ Volunteered in VAJRA team (Volunteers for Jobs related to Associate Software Enggs) to help coach new hiresby giving KT and brown Bag sessions

Test Analyst September 2009- August 2010
"¢ Designed test cases for a rating project which helps actuaries create and update rate sets and rating formulae in an easy way.

AWARDS & HONORS
"¢ Ranked first in 'Green field Training' for new - August 2009
"¢ 'ACE' award (awarded to top 5% performers in Accenture ) - 2013
"¢ 'GPTW Onboarding team' award (given to top volunteers who help in onboarding new onsite resources) - 2013
"¢ 'GPTW Staffing team ' award(given to top staffing team volunteers who help in recruitment process) - 2014
"¢ 'Performer of the quarter 'award in Q1- 2015 for outstanding work in client deliverables .

EDUCATION
Kurukshetra University

Bachelor in Electronics and communications Engineering July2004-June 2008
GMAT Score - 690(Quantitative - 46, Verbal - 39, AWA - 6
"¢ Member : Departmental Spiritual Club and Orator's club
"¢ Founder member : Dept. club Digitals
"¢ Student Placement Coordinator for Satyam and L&T campus drive

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & SKILLS
"¢ Interests: Cooking (Vegetarian cuisine particularly desserts); FoodPhotography, Reading (Quora, Wikipedia & random Trivia,) Running
"¢ Certifications: RFT,RMT, ASDA
"¢ Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Excel (including macros), PowerPoint

In addition to this ,
*I have organized a 5K and raised about 1500$ for the funding of books and stationary material for a Primary school in India..
*Am a senior contributor and among the top reviewers for Trip Advisor in my area

Your help is much appreciated. Waiting in anticipation.

Best
Ritika

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by Dozie@VeritasPrep » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:53 am
See comments below from last posting, but also considering you are a female applicant, this level of diversity should make your application even more attractive to schools on the tail end of the top 20 as well

--
Thanks for sharing your profile. You have some nice work experiences with a strong brand attached to it along with international roles, which should help diversify you a bit from your competitive application set. Your GMAT will not wow anyone in admissions but is a credible score which will probably garner the most interest between the top 20 - top 50 range. I would work to target programs that have a strong track record of supporting students with your career interest and tailor your application accordingly.

Hope this helps!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!