Practice CATS

This forum is dedicated to our GMAT Avengers study group. Connect with fellow test takers and stay up-to-date with the latest Avengers' news. Experts are free to contribute in answering questions.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Practice CATS

by manan27 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:25 am
Hi,there are twenty days left for my gmat exam and i am done with the Manhattan,gmat prep and princeton mock CATS. To remain in practice i want to take a practice CAT once in 3-4 days. Please advise where from can i get some reliable practice CATS that are closer to actual gmat?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:19 am
Hi manan27,

Some Test Takers end up taking too many CATs during their studies. Score improvement comes from learning/practicing Tactics, consistently doing organized work, NOT doing work in your head, etc. A CAT is just a 'measuring device' - when used correctly, it will give you a reasonable assessment of your skills and point out your 'weak spots', but it will NOT make you a better Test Taker.

All of that having been said, I have a few questions about your studies so far:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What materials have you been using?
3) How many CATs have you taken so far?

4) What was your score on your last CAT (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
5) Did you take the ENTIRE CAT (including the Essay and IR sections)?
6) What is your goal score?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by manan27 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:12 pm
Thanks for the reply. Here are the answers to your questions.
1) I have been studying from last 3 months.
2) I have been using the material that i got from princeton review center(and some private notes given by the local instructor) and a few manhattan books.
3) I have taken 12 CATS sofar
-Gmat prep1-630
-gmat prep2-640
-manhattan CATS- range from 620-680
-princeton CATS- range from 600-690
I took the actual gmat but scored 610 only. I want to take the test again and improve my score.
4) In the last CAT my scored dipped to ever lowest of 600.
5) In all the CATS i have taken with IR but only in few CATS I took AWA as well.
6) My target score is 680 or more.