Would appreciate a profile evaluation.

Target Schools:
LBS, INSEAD, IMD, Said, Judge

Post-MBA Goal:
Brand Management, Management Consulting, Entrepreneurship

GMAT: 690 (Q49 V35)
TOEFL: 110
GPA: 3.5 (top 15%)

Professional experience: (Around 7 years of experience)

- 3 years at a leading global market research and brand consultancy as a Senior Consultant (1 year in Taipei, Taiwan and another 2 years in Shanghai, China)
- 1.5 years as a Strategic Planning Analyst at a renowned alcohol company based in Shanghai, China
- Now into my 30 month with a F100 FMCG company based in Taipei, Taiwan as a Brand Manager; being promoted 3 times since I joined this company.

Internship experience:
2 months at a global market research agency based in New Dehli, India

Extracurricular activities:
- Professional gaming during high school and college, won national championship and numerous awards
- Started up a design agency with my wife. My wife designs costumes and provides styling services to threatre/corporate clients. I am in charge of planning the overall business strategy and marketing activities.

Thank you so much!!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:49 am
You've got some attractive experience here, including an international stint, and most of your target schools seem about right. I'm not "seeing" INSEAD for some reason, but the other schools may go for you. Each of these schools is very different, as you can tell from their application questions, so you might want to take some time to visit the campuses and see where you feel that you "fit" best. LBS is a highly participatory program, INSEAD is very large, Oxford is very intellectual... you may find that you're more of a natural with one community's personality than another's.

I believe that knowing the schools well will be important to you, because your numbers are competitive but not off-the-charts, and I'm not seeing the scope of your professional and extracurricular leadership here. If that is relatively low, you'll need to make a very targeted approach to the schools you apply to, and getting to know the communities there will be crucial for your chances.

Good luck!

Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me