Profile Evaluation for Round 1

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Evaluation for Round 1

by lost_soul » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:50 am
Hi,
I am India Female IT Engineer. Please let me know if i have a decent enough profile for Tuck, Mays and ISB.
GMAT : 700 (49Q 36V)
Acads : X - 86%
XII - 82%
B.E.I.T - 69.6% from University of Mumbai
Work Experience: 46 months by May-2016

I am working in a Japanese Investment bank as an analyst. As part of the reference data team, I have worked on quite a number of projects. These projects have covered all the major data points with regards to Reference Data, i.e., Product Data, Client Data and Books.I have had the opportunity to work at all the steps of a project life cycle - from requirement gathering to project delivery.
I have experience of working with a global team. I currently work with individuals from London, New York and Tokyo.
I was awarded with Quarterly Special Technical achievement recognition.

Extra curricular activities:
1. Module Head for Aesthetics Committee in 2011.
2. Event Head for Face painting Competition for Cultural Festival, February 2011.
3. Event Head for What's the Good Word contest for Cultural Festival, February 2011.
4. Member of the finalist Throwball Team and winning Basketball Team in Sports Festival, 2011.
5. Active participation in sports such as cricket, basketball and throwball in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
6. Active Member of CSI and ISTE societies

Others:
1. Project selected to be displayed on Technology Day
2. Merit Holder for Homi Bhabha young scientist award in 2001 and 2004
3. Donated paintings for charity
4. Participated in Breast Cancer awareness half marathon (Pinkathon) in 2013 and 2014.

I do not wish to change my career path completely. I want to pursue MBA in Technology and similar programme.
Kindly evaluate my profile and let me know which schools can be my targets.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by AdmitLane.com » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:34 pm
Coming from our experience of working with candidates, you have a good match for ISB and Mays but Tuck might be on the tougher side.

You have a good work experience for ISB and your GMAT score too aligns with ISB's average. Ideally, you should apply in R1 of ISB to reap maximum benefits. Also, your work experience sounds interesting but goes too much into technical aspects. You need to bring out teamwork and leadership stories that will help you make everlasting impact on the admissions team at ISB.

Your extra-curricular does show a hint of event management, people management here and there but presenting them with proper anecdotes, challenges and how you handled them is the key to good essays.

Start working hard on your application. ISB should be within your reach.
www.AdmitLane.com
Affordable, High Quality MBA Consulting Services
(From ISB and INSEAD Alumni and Students)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:51 am
Yes your profile looks good. You can apply to Mays. You need to focus on the application theme.
Best wishes,
Team Manya-The Princeton Review

E:[email protected]
T: 1800-102-4646
www.manyagroup.com

https://bit.ly/1OSgiTP