New to BEAT the GMAT

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

New to BEAT the GMAT

by Anjali07 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:37 am
Hello Beat The Gmat team,
I recently decided to prepare for GMAT and was looking for a good book to start off my prep with.
I want one one single book which covers every topic from GMAT's exam point of view. I am willing to take GMAT by the end of December. So Also help me with strategy for prep.
Please provide me some information, it would be of great help.

Thank you.
Anjali.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:45 am
Welcome to BTC, Anjali!

If you're open to "non-book" resources, we have a free GMAT video course that covers everything you need to know on test day - https://www.gmatprepnow.com/

Cheers,
brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:45 am
Hi Anjali07,

Many (if not most) Test Takers end up studying for the GMAT from a variety of resources during their studies, so while you can START with one book/resource, you will almost certainly end up incorporating more than just that one source. Since it sounds like you're just beginning, have you done any studying so far?

Early in one's studies, it's a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. If you want to do a little studying first, so you can get a sense of the content and question types, then that's fine - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Rich@EconomistGMAT » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:01 am
Hi Anjali07,

Once you've taken your full-length practice exam, take advantage of the free trials offered by most online resources (in addition to any books you find helpful). While one program might work for some students, use the trials to determine what works best for you. To help you get started, here's a link to try GMAT Tutor for 7 days: https://bit.ly/1bPAHuW

Best,
Rich