Unable to activate GMATPrep Exam Pack 1

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Unable to activate GMATPrep Exam Pack 1

by chialadi » Wed May 06, 2015 3:07 pm
I bought GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 on Sunday May 3 and have not been able to activate the exam pack. I downloaded the exam pack but when I enter the activation code and hit activate button, nothing happens. I restarted my PC gazillion times. While I am very unhappy about being unable to use the exam pack I bought because I really need to practice, I am more dismayed by the lack of customer service that GMAC has. I have sent emails to 4 support email addresses on your website ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]), I sent my first email on Sunday May 3 and 72 hours later I am yet to receive any response. I called the customer service numbers and each time my call gets dropped after being told representatives are attending to other customers. I believe other organizations handle this problem by putting people on hold. This is my worst experience as a customer of any organisation. If you care to help, my order Number is 212339754. Thanks

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Thu May 07, 2015 11:24 am
chialadi wrote:I bought GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 on Sunday May 3 and have not been able to activate the exam pack. I downloaded the exam pack but when I enter the activation code and hit activate button, nothing happens. I restarted my PC gazillion times. While I am very unhappy about being unable to use the exam pack I bought because I really need to practice, I am more dismayed by the lack of customer service that GMAC has. I have sent emails to 4 support email addresses on your website ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]), I sent my first email on Sunday May 3 and 72 hours later I am yet to receive any response. I called the customer service numbers and each time my call gets dropped after being told representatives are attending to other customers. I believe other organizations handle this problem by putting people on hold. This is my worst experience as a customer of any organisation. If you care to help, my order Number is 212339754. Thanks
Hello,

I apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing with the software. I have spoken about your issue with our customer service team. Your problem likely stems from an issue with the Free GMATPrep core software. Please do a complete uninstall and reinstall of GMATPrep. To do so, please uninstall the current version of GMATPrep installed on your machine. If you have history data (exam scores, practice question sessions etc.) that you want to carry into the new install, make sure you click [No] when asked if you want the uninstall process to remove all data. Then download and install the latest version (v 2.3.322) which is available for download on our website: www.mba.com/gmatprep. Once GMATPrep is re-installed, please then reinstall your exam pack by double-clicking on the .gsp file. You can always redownload the exam pack files from www.mba.com/mypurchases. If you are still experiencing issues, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

by chialadi » Thu May 07, 2015 7:56 pm
Thank you, Thank you and Thank you again!!! Your instructions worked.

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Fri May 08, 2015 11:49 am
chialadi wrote:Thank you, Thank you and Thank you again!!! Your instructions worked.
You're welcome, you're welcome and you're welcome again! Glad we could help. Please feel free to reach out with any other questions or information you're looking for. Happy preparation and good luck on the exam!

Thanks again,
Jeremy
Leah

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

by JuliaKatrina » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:03 am
Dear Jeremy,

I have the same problem. I tried to follow your instructions (delete GMAT Prep and reinstall). Nothing worked. I have also sent 3 emails and called customer service - no response so far.

I hope you can help me.

Best regards,

Julia

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:32 am
JuliaKatrina wrote:Dear Jeremy,

I have the same problem. I tried to follow your instructions (delete GMAT Prep and reinstall). Nothing worked. I have also sent 3 emails and called customer service - no response so far.

I hope you can help me.

Best regards,

Julia
Hi Julia,

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulty. Have you confirmed that your system meets the technical requirements listed here? https://www.mba.com/us/store/download-fr ... tware.aspx. If your system is compatible and it's still not working, you will need to work with the customer care team at [email protected], since they are the experts with this software.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah

by JuliaKatrina » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:26 pm
Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your fast response. I have checked all the technical requirements and I have also sent the GMAT care team several emails - no response. When I try to open the GMATPrep Exam Pack 1, an error message appears, saying it is unable to find a program to open it.

Thanks,

Julia

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:27 am
JuliaKatrina wrote:Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your fast response. I have checked all the technical requirements and I have also sent the GMAT care team several emails - no response. When I try to open the GMATPrep Exam Pack 1, an error message appears, saying it is unable to find a program to open it.

Thanks,

Julia
Hi Julia,

Just to confirm, you have the latest version of the free GMATPrep software installed, correct?

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah

by JuliaKatrina » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:21 pm
Hi Jeremy,

yes I have. And the GMAT Prep Software works perfectly fine. I don't know what to do anymore.

Thank you,

Julia

by JuliaKatrina » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:13 am
And nobody is answering the phone if I try to call the number from the Official GMAT website for technical support.

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:42 pm
JuliaKatrina wrote:And nobody is answering the phone if I try to call the number from the Official GMAT website for technical support.
Hi Julia,

If you can provide your email address, I'd be happy to reach out to the team on my side to get this issue escalated properly and get you a resolution.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah

by priyank-boob » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:52 am
Order #211314682 (Apr 30, 2014) - GMATPrep® Question Pack 1

I have purchased this GMAT prep question prep question prep last year when I appeared for GMAT . Due to low score I am planning to re appear for GMAT this year, so I re installed GMAT prep and software and wanted to activate my question pack. However, when I try to activate my purchased question pack with given activation code in my product purchases, I get an error that says "License number has already been used". It was indeed used by me only by my account but I do want to use it again . I don't understand why I cannot refer back to something that I already purchased.

I have to appear for exams soon and need these questions for practice. Can you guys please help me out with this situation .

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:39 am
priyank-boob wrote:Order #211314682 (Apr 30, 2014) - GMATPrep® Question Pack 1

I have purchased this GMAT prep question prep question prep last year when I appeared for GMAT . Due to low score I am planning to re appear for GMAT this year, so I re installed GMAT prep and software and wanted to activate my question pack. However, when I try to activate my purchased question pack with given activation code in my product purchases, I get an error that says "License number has already been used". It was indeed used by me only by my account but I do want to use it again . I don't understand why I cannot refer back to something that I already purchased.

I have to appear for exams soon and need these questions for practice. Can you guys please help me out with this situation .
Hello,

Thank you for your message. According to your activation history, the GMATPrep Question Pack 1 has been activated on three (3) separate occasions. Once the 18-digit code has been activated three (3) times, you will have to deactivate it from one of the other devices in order to install the question pack on a different machine. You can deactivate only content that is currently installed and active. We do not have the ability to deactivate software from your computer. If you are unable to deactivate the additional content, you will have to re-purchase it.
To deactivate an installed question pack you will need your 18-digit activation code. The computer on which GMATPrep is installed must have an internet connection.

1. If you are not already in the Installed content window, go there by clicking the Settings
2. link on the home page and then clicking the Installed content tab.
3. Click the Deactivate button, and you will be asked to confirm that you do want to deactivate the content. Click Yes and a new window will open.
4. Enter your activation code in the box and click the Deactivate chevron.
5. Once your code has been validated, you will receive confirmation that the content was successfully deactivated. Click the Finish button to close the window.

Please note: In order to use the Question Pack, you need to have the free GMATPrep® application installed. Please uninstall GMATPrep® if currently installed - if you have history data (exam scores, practice question sessions etc.) that you want to carry into the new install, make sure you click [No] when asked if you want the uninstall process to remove all data. Then re-install the latest version which is available for download on mba.com: www.mba.com/gmatprep.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah

by mavericky » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:36 pm
I can use my Exam Pack 1 now. Thanks for the replies above!!

by akshaya86 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:48 am
Hi Jeremy

I had purchased the GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1 with Order #212627124 (Sep 23, 2015) and installed it on my Mac OS (Version 10.10). The Exam Pack got activated at that point. When I returned to it today to write my mock, it had disappeared from my GMATPrep software. So I installed it again and tried to activate it but it repeatedly says licence has been used already when in fact I have not used it at all.

I tried the same on my Windows 7 system too because there generally seems to be a problem with the software on Mac systems, but I'm getting the same error message that says the licence has already been used.

I am unable to use the exam pack that I have paid for in full and purchased from www.mba.com

Requesting your support to resolve this at the earliest.