Profile Evaluation

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by lost_soul » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:58 am
Hi,
I am a 25 year old Indian IT engineer (female). My academics are X- 86.4 | XII - 82.6 | BEIT from Mumbai University - 69.9%. I have a work experience of 3 years in a Japanese investment bank as a software developer (analyst).
Work experience:
I have worked in the Reference Data Space which is responsible for handling all the business critical data. I have worked in all the sub-sections of the Unit which are, Book, Client Data and Product Data. I have experience of working with teams spread across London, Tokyo and New York. Projects i have worked on are:
Project 1 :
Module for Client Onboarding system. The application provides graphical representation of the client data with filters for various parameters such as entities, regions, etc
Project 2 :
Approval framework for Trade Books for EMEA region. The framework manages creation, update and closing of books, with an intricate approval process and email notification system. It also manages the linking of the books to downstream. This application helps streamline the approval process which was traditionally performed over mail and also maintains details for audit purposes
Project 3:
Subject Matter Expert for application which is responsible for the flow of data from Product Data golden source to the central repository. The central repository is responsible for sending the updates to various downstreams.The application listens to the golden source, performs validations and transforms data so that it is compatible with the central repository
Project 4:
Product Browser & Editor. These are the legacy projects with primary purpose to view and edit financial instrument data.
Project 5:
Blocklist resolution. project aims to reduce the daily workload on IT to process the products which may cause ambiguity or conflict. The processing of such instruments is done after confirmation with the business. This application provides a platform to the business to do the task themselves with no involvement of IT.

My extracurricular activities are:
1. Module Head for Aesthetics Committee in 2011.
2. Event Head for Face painting Competition for VESIT Cultural Festival, Utsav February 2011.
3. Event Head for What's the Good Word contest for VESIT Cultural Festival, Utsav February 2011.
4. Member of the finalist Throwball Team and winning Basketball Team in VESIT Sports Festival, Sphurti 2011.
5. Active participation in sports such as cricket, basketball and throwball in Sphurti 2009, 2010 and 2011.
6. Active Member of CSI and ISTE societies

Notable achievements:
1. Quarterly Special Technical Achievement Recognition Award.
2. Final year project - Visual Cryptography for Banking Applications selected to be displayed on the Technology Day
3. Homi Bhabha young scientist merit holder in 2005.

I have a few questions.
1. I will be pursuing MBA in either general management or a tech-based MBA. Which colleges in US can i apply to maximise my chances?I am applying to ISB too. Also, I will need education loans to study. So, please tell me about the value-for-money colleges.

2. Generally, what is the number of colleges that people to?

3. Are MS and MBA equivalent on some level? MS seems to be easier on the pocket.

Please evaluate my profile.
Thanking you in advance.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:47 pm
you would generally apply to anywhere from 4-7 schools, which is manageable. ISB is also a good option. You would need to take the GMAT, a strong score (700 +) would really help in terms of which schools to target. MBA will generally provide a more well rounded education than an MS program, which will provide more focus. An MBA may also provide more networking opportunities and so forth, especially as you target more prestigious schools. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/