Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

PROFILE EVALUATION

by 86.utkarsh » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:15 am
Hi
I am 29 years old.INDIAN MALE
Undergraduate in B.Tech computer Science and engineering with 74.28%
Four and a half year work Experience in State Bank of India.
I was recruited as Probationary Officer in State Bank of India through a competitive exam. I worked as Service ,officer international business ( included forward contracts ,letter of credit, bank guarantees bill purchase discounting, buyers credit etc)
I am currently working as branch manager (that is head of a branch of S.B.I.)As branch Manager i have to ensure smooth working Of the branch in its daily operation as well as increase the business of the branch by increasing the deposits level of the branch and also increasing the advances of the branch.

My current branch is a rural branch that is it is situated in a rural area of the district and mostly caters to the need of rural folks and helps in their financial inclusion

State Bank of India is the biggest bank of Indian and is owned by the Government of India. I have already got one promotion in the bank with a current package of around INR 10lacs

I have scored 680 in GMAT my target colleges are
HARVARD
WHARTON
BOOTH
OXFORD
CAMBRIDGE
i will settle for
INSEAD
IMPERIAL
IE/ESADE

should i retake the exam or apply with this score

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:17 am
In my opinion, you should retake. Especially when you are over 28, having a GMAT score that is at or above the median for your target schools is essential when applying to top MBA programs. You can also support your application by using your resume to highlight the leadership in your professional roles.

Good luck!
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by 86.utkarsh » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:21 am
Ma'am
Thank you very much for your reply.
i have some supplementary questions. i would be grateful if you could answer them

1) is being above 28 years a disadvantage
2)with a score of 680 would it be pragmatic to pitch for the colleges i have mentioned
3)Ma'am i might not necessarily increase my score if i give a retest as i hardly get any time to prepare. Can my work ex in a government bank which has given me exposure to both corporate banking as well as an opportunity to work at the grass root level among the poorest of the poor where I am actively working towards the goal of financial inclusion by virtue ob being the branch head of a rural branch,in any way compensate for my score.
4) if the answer to the above question is negative, then please guide me as to which colleges would be suitable for me

Regards

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:27 am
Yes, this is starting to move from material that would benefit the group in a public board to a conversation that would be best done through a one-on-one consultation, such as those offered by our company, Stacy Blackman Consulting. Feel free to reach out through our website (https://stacyblackman.com/contact) and you will get much more targetted assistance.

Good luck!
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me